Chapter 32

Aiden's POV:

"Wanna..." My throat dried up as the practice was intense today, not because I was nervous, not at all. I tried again. "Gonna hang out at my place, right?"

Enid looked at me funnily. "Are you nervous?" He asked, frowning.

"No." I frowned back. "Are you crazy? Are we going or not?"

"Of course, come on." He stood up and pulling my bag with him, we walked out of the school.

Our gang was already in the parking lot, ready to go.

"Hey, guys." I greeted them all.

"Hey, wanna grab something?" Izzy asked.

"I'd love that." Will answered enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I'd too, but my grandma is to call today and..." I had to spew out the lie, that I had told Dri, to them too.

"Yeah, right." Enid rubbed the back of his head. "She requested for me too. So, we can't today. How about tomorrow?" He asked.

"We've meetings for the school magazine, then budget discussion." Jake replied.

"Yeah, we've our date today anyway." Sam said and gave Enid a look that I could not fathom.

"We do? I thought we were..." Will's confusion was apparent, until Sam jabbed him in the stomach. Will winced and I did too. "Ow! Oh, yeah, we do. We do."

"Sorry, hun." She apologised.

"It's okay." Will smiled goofily at her.

I looked at Enid and our eyes met. His face and eyes caught in the almost setting sun glowed and made him look angelic, even more heavenly than he already was. I had this urge to kiss him then and there until Ethan spoke up.

"How come she wanted to chat with you and not me?" Ethan had a pout on in his face that made Will coo at him.

I laughed. I had to cover this up with another lie. Oh God.

"She asked for you too, but I told her you're busy."

Ethan was ready to kill. "You liar!"

My heart skipped a beat. Did he catch me? Enid could always tell whether I lied or not, but Ethan could not. Could he too?

"Don't worry, talk to her when she'd call you to ask what to bring." Enid said and chuckled.

Ethan's face lightened and darkened just as quickly as he seemed to notice something. I looked to my right and surely enough there was Rick coming out of the school.

Where had he been? I thought everyone had already gone home. Did he see us kissing? Would he tell anyone? Would he give up on Enid then? My head was swarming with questions.

"Hey, Enid, need to talk, a minute?" Rick asked, ignoring everyone else there.

Enid looked at me and I nodded my head. They went a little further from our group to talk in private, but not out of my peripheral. I could not hear them, but I could tell Rick was worried, Enid was too. Then, he shook his head and smiled at Rick assuringly as if telling him that everything would be fine.

Ethan bombarded Enid with questions as soon as he came back. "What was that about? What did he want? What did he tell?"

"He's just worried that I'd get hurt again in our second match that's on next Friday." Enid laughed it off.

"Hmph." Ethan crossed his arms over his chest and I was tempted to do the same thing.

I was his boyfriend and I should be the one to worry about him, not bloody Rick.

The only reason I did not try to talk him out of this was because I trusted him fully. He would be just fine and Rick's attempt was unnecessary.

"Let's get to home." I said grumpily.

I did not bid goodbyes to my friends properly and with Enid in my car, I drove off.

The drive was too silent. I was not in a mood to talk, Enid tried, but there was hesitancy on his account too.

When we arrived my house, Mrs. O'hara greeted us on the front door. "Good evening, boys."

"Good evening, beautiful." Enid replied.

She blushed. "You're getting as flirty as Aiden, Enid." She warned us playfully.

"What can I say? He's my better half. I'm learning a lot of things from him." Although, he said it just as playfully, my heart stopped for a moment when he wrapped his hand around my shoulder.

Watching Mrs. O'hara giggle, I blushed. "Shut up." I shoved him off of me.

"What do you wanna have for snack?" She asked as she headed for the kitchen.

"Whatever you make with your beautiful hands, I'll devour." I could hear her little chuckles as Enid almost yelled behind her retracting back.

We headed for my room and as soon as we entered, Enid locked the door. His hands wrapped around my waist, his front to my back.

As his lips touched my neck, a delightful shiver ran down my spine to the tip of my feet. His hot breath with cold lips did a number on me as I felt myself getting hard.

"Enid." My voice barely came out as a whisper. I could have never imagined what simple touches could do to my body, if it was not for him.

"Hmm?" Enid responded as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I could feel his hardness just on my butt.

"It feels good." I could feel myself getting dizzy as I felt his hands tugged my shirt upwards just barely.

The hair on my neck stood up as he spoke. "Really?"

His short little huffs made goosebumps broke on my body. He finally tugged my shirt a little more, baring a portion on my waist. His hands roamed on my stomach, slowly but surely going up on my torso.

His little pecks on my neck were teasing and like a slow torture for me. I closed my eyes as I lost myself in the sensation and my hands travelled on their own toward his head, burying my fingers in his soft hair.

A sudden knock on the door made me jump up and Enid laughed watching my reaction.

He went to open the door as I composed myself. It was O with our snack. Enid took the plate and thanked her enough to last a lifetime and closed the door behind her.

I turned around to see his flushed face. He was as affected as I was.

"Let's eat first." He gestured towards the tray.  I nodded my head in agreement although I wanted nothing more than to continue where we left off.

Just as we had finished and I was about to ask him to stay for the night, his phone rang. It was Ethan.

"What do you want?" Enid sounded a bit annoyed as he looked at me apologetically. "What?!" Was his next sentence and the next one just crushed my hope and made me worried at the same time. "I'm coming home."

"What happened?" I asked as he put his phone in his back pocket of his jeans and looked at me.

"Nothing. He's just being stupid." He came closer to me.

"Do you need to go?" He only shook his head in reply before placing his lips on mine.

"No." Enid murmured against my lips and pressed them again.

"Okay." I whispered.

Not wanting to let him go, I placed my hand on his cheek. His hands covered mine and he intertwined them. "I've to go now."

"You can't stay." It was not a question, it was a sad, sad statement. I wanted him to stay here with me.

"No, but this weekend, we'll be together. I promise." I smiled at him.

He kissed me one more time before pulling his bag over his shoulder. He unlocked the door before going out of the room, but came back and kissed me for one last time before he finally left.