Chapter 9

Enid's POV

Aiden tightened his grip around me like he was not letting me go anywhere. I suppressed my laugh. After all these years, he was afraid of letting me go? That's really funny, 'cause I was not planning on leaving him at all. Everyone left and Aiden and I were standing there still. He was staring intently at the floor, so I snapped fingers in front of him.

"Hello, Earth to Aiden." He looked at me, hurt in his eyes. He suddenly hugged me so tightly that I was unable to breathe properly for a moment there. "What was that for?"

"Nothing." He smiled and walked towards the parking lot. Automatically, I followed him. There was no practice that day. Coach gave us a day off as we had a friendly match on Friday against St. Peter's High. They were the champs of last year's inter school competition.

"Wanna hang out at my place?" He asked, getting into car. I hesitated, remembering the awkward situation of this morning. The dream about him kissing me which did not happen and would not happen. At all.

"Okay." I agreed to go to his house, but refuse to face his parents. He said he did not want to too. He was sure that his parents had already left the house. They had a dinner plan tonight, alone. We drove to his house. Mrs. O'hara greeted us as usual, gave us food and then we were left alone. We played video games for awhile and only I had my Literature paper which was due tomorrow. I completed it trying to ignore Aiden's stare as much as I could. After nine o'clock I finished my homework and looked at Aiden, he smiled.

"You know, you're building muscles. Great physique, by the way." He said and I blushed. No, wait. I did not blush, I just smiled at him.

"You are saying?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Do you know that Sky's at your house?" Aiden said and I was quite shocked.

"What? Why?"

"He is with Ethan. He didn't want to left him alone. He is quite shaken according to your twin. He just texted me."

"Hmm, I guess, that's really generous of him. But, don't think Emmett'd appreciate it, though."

"Yeah, you're probably right. Do you have a plan for Friday's game?" He asked.

"Plan? For game? I thought the coach does that."

"Obviously." He made a 'duh' face. I chuckled. "But, since it's first game, I want you to be prepared fully. Have a lot of sleep tomorrow. Drink healthy, a lot of fluids." He paused to study my face. "You already do that. Anyway, the coach'll announce the plan tomorrow, but I want you to take extra precautions. Being a little aggressive will help you,you know. Don't say sorry every time you push someone to the ground. You're a big guy now." He ruffled my hair.

"But, it's the quality you like the best. You told me, you remember?" I protested.

"Of course, I remember. But, it's a football match, not a playground, E." He tried to convince me.

"Fine." I pouted.

"You look cute when you pout." He chuckled. I blushed, but it faded quickly. It was not the first time when he said something like that, although that did not mean my heart beat did not pick up. Again. He cleared his throat. "Anyway, go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." He started to walk past me, but I grabbed his hand.

"You can sleep on your own bed, you know."

"Then, where'll you sleep?" He frowned. Why was he trying to keep distance? I've been noticing this a couple of days now.

"We can sleep together." I released his hand as soon as realisation hit me. I shook my head. "Not together, together. You know, I mean, well, we can sleep in the same bed." He smiled at me. Then stripped to his boxers and went to bed. I did the same. We laid there for a long time without saying anything. Awkward! Never thought we would have nothing to talk about. But, he started one, only one conversation that turned the situation more uncomfortable. Girls - girlfriends!