Chapter 7

Aiden's POV

Though Enid said that it was not my fault, but I knew I was not supposed to hit him. I knew that Ethan hated it when Enid was in pain. It made my every muscle painful too. But there was no need to stumble into Rick's arms.

God! Why am I even so bother? He has a girlfriend, didn't he? Yes maybe she's a little annoying, but pretty too for sure, and has big breasts too. Enid'll never like a guy like Rick. I thought to myself. Hell, he was not even gay. It was not that we had a problem with that or would ever have, but it was not pretty that my insecurities would get the best of me.

No, never, I shook my head. We were already on my driveway as Enid slept peacefully. It'd be better if he spent the night at my house. I parked the car in the garage and called for help. I knew Enid was a little problem for me to carry him. Mrs. O'hara came out of the room with Jamson. He was just 20 years old, but built like a wrestler.

"Oh, dear, what happened?" She asked taking in Enid's condition.

"Nothing. Just tough guy can't take tough practices." I snorted.

"It's just the second day for him. Give him some time." She tapped on my shoulder. I smiled in response.

Jamson left Enid in my bed and Mrs. O'hara came with a full plate of food and instructed me to eat as soon as possible. I ate half and was worried about Enid. He had a habit of eating at midnight just like Ethan. So, I left some of the food on the bedside table. Went to change my clothes with a quick shower. When I came out of the bathroom he was in the same position on the bed, fast asleep. His exhales and inhales were so rhythmic that it impressed me instantly.

I went to my bed and slowly, carefully unbuttoned his shirt and slipped it from his shoulder, leaving his upper half naked. Doing the same with his jeans, he was only left in his boxers.

He looked like an angel with his black hair almost covering his baby blue eyes which shone under a bright day light and whenever he was happy.

I removed his hair from his forehead and kissed it. My lips tingled. I bit on my lips and pecked on his nose. I didn't know what took me over, but I kissed him on his lips. It was only just a peck, just wanted to know how it felt to kiss him on his lips.

It was magical. It felt like my whole body was on fire and it went cold. My hands got sweaty. I licked my lips and went for another one and he suddenly opened his eyes.

My all nerves went out of the window in a split of a second. My heart started to pound vigorously, but he only smiled. He took my hand that was in his hair and intertwined them. He turned away from me, causing me to sleep with him, cuddling with him like a little children we used to be. I smiled inhaling his sweet musky scent. He shifted a little towards me and there was no air passing way between us.

I missed this. I missed us laying like this, innocently. As people grow old, they started to miss out a lot of things. I did too. Maybe Enid did also. 'You know he does.' A voice inside me answered. I knew he did. Growing old together he was the emotional one. Actually too emotional.

When I first hurt myself learning how to ride a cycle, he was the one crying watching me getting a band-aid. Didn't want to let me play at first. Didn't want me to swim either as he was afraid of water. He was always there. Like a mother, like a father, like a brother and a teacher also. Always scolding me whenever I did something wrong, whenever I drove too fast for him to scare for his life. He was always there like a lover.

No, no. No, no, no, no, no...! 'That can't be it. He can't be my lover.' A lover? A lover?!! "No!" I shouted getting away from him.

"Mmm-hm." He complained.

"Oh, sorry!" I apologised before laying with him again.

That couldn't be it. Sure, I loved him. Who wouldn't love his best friend. But, no. Not him. He was Enid.

The Enid whom I saw him first when he moved into this town. But, in love? I wasn't sure. That was too confusing. He was my best friend, that's why this conflict. I needed more time apart from him, otherwise everything'd ruin. Our friendship would be damaged. There was nothing in this world more important than that to me. Nothing.

If I didn't like him like that then why did that one kiss felt so right, so... fulfilling? I needed to figure this out.

And I didn't want to over think it anymore, so I closed my eyes.

I felt like just few minutes when I felt a little movement beside me. I opened my eyes to meet with those beautiful eyes, a cute nose and red lips that someone had finished it up with great care. He opened his eyes slowly and eyes widened.

"Oh God!" He gasped. "You?" He questioned and I frowned.

"Yes, me. Hi, I'm Aiden." I retorted.

"That means that wasn't a dream." If it was a statement or a question, I couldn't tell. He rubbed his lips eve so gently with his finger tips. I tensed. Did he notice the kiss then?

"What do you mean?" I asked. He shook his head and got up on his hands.

"Nothing," he said staring at me. Searching for something that was unknown to me.

"So, you dream about me?" I asked as he started to get out of the bed.

"No, no! What? No. Pfft!" He said trying to shake it off, waving his hand. "No, just this one time. I don't even remember, okay?"

His voice raised at the end and I realised he sure didn't want to tell me.

"Fine. I wasn't going to ask anyway." I said, getting out of the bed. I went to bathroom, something was happening and I couldn't put a finger on it. So, I let it go. Brushing my teeth and getting a bath, I changed into my that day's clothes. As I came out of bathroom, Enid was on the edge of my bed, staring at the floor, maybe thinking too hard.

"You can go and come down for breakfast then." Didn't wait for his reply and went downstairs.

"Dear, you're up?" Mrs. O'hara asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Means?" She smiled sweetly at me. "I can get up on my own, you know." I pouted.

"You look so cute." Mum said kissing my cheek and taking a seat at the dinning table. Why do we need that big of a dinning table anyway? I sat opposite side of mum.

"Where's Enid?" Mrs. O'hara asked.

"He-" I started but was cut off by Enid's "Here I am." How was he so bright this morning?

"You're here? You slept in Aiden's room?" Mum said with a smirk.

"Mum!" I blushed. I knew what she meant, but that never gonna happen. Although it was hard tell what would happen in the future.

"Um...," Enid was also silent, that made everything weird.

"Come sit with us." Dad put a hand on his shoulder and led him beside me and he went to sit beside mum, kissing her on the forehead. I looked at Enid and darted my eyes as quickly as his eyes met mine.

"Okay, don't be shy. You know we are like this always, don't you?" Mum was teasing again.

Mrs. O'hara gave us plate full of toast, omelet, bacon, butter and juice too. Orange juice for everyone, milk for me. I felt like a baby in front of them. I ate silently while Enid chatted with my parents.

I brush my leg with him without looking at him. I could feel his shiver through my leg, I didn't move it. Mum and dad left for their meeting and we left for school too.

And brushing my hands against his unintetionally (not) gave me some sort of happiness, it felt satisfactory.

------------------------------------------------
A/N: I use 'I don't know' a lot. Sorry about that.