Chapter 14

Aiden's POV

"I-I am sorry. I thought she looked a little tipsy." Enid started to leave when I thought it was time to take a chance.

"Wait, Enid. Did Dri called me?"

He looked pained and ashamed. "Yes, when you were in the bathroom. I'm sorry. I should've told you."

"Stop apologizing."

"Yeah, right." He took a step to leave again, but I just could not let him go. I went towards him, taking his hand, I pulled him into the room, before shutting the door behind him.

"What?" He asked. The sound of the loud music was rather quiet after the door shutting.

"Did Dri said that she loved me and that's why you were mad at me?" I asked. There was a hint of teasing in my voice.

"And why that would be?" He snapped.

"Look, she's in a really bad situation now, I think, or otherwise she would not do that."

"What? Kiss you?" He said angrily. "I don't care. Kiss whoever you want. I. Don't. Care." He spat out every word. He also had some of the alcohol in his system too. His words made me smile. Why? Don't even dare to ask me. Maybe because I was an idiot too.

So, like the idiot I was, i placed my hand at the back of his head and pulled him towards me, tilting my head, I kissed him, full on lips. His eyes widened, but did not pull away from me. In fact when the shock sub-sided, he started to kiss me too. I sighed thinking it was not a bad impulse, it was a good decision. His hands travelled to my waist, his cold fingers were giving me chills, his hot mouth too.

"Mmm..." Dri stirred in her sleep. So, Enid and I pulled away.

"Sorry." That was his first word? And that specific word beautifully ruined my mood.

"What?" I was shocked because of his reaction. Dri stirred again. Maybe because the A.C was not working in the room. "Not here. I can't even talk about it here." I said. Putting on the fan, I opened the door and went downstairs. The loud music was giving me headache somehow. I did not turn around to find out if Enid was there behind me or not.

"Hey, Aiden!" Our group, along with Rick's greeted me. Some tried to stop handing me a beer, but I was already tired from earlier and the fatigue was not really helping in my current situation. So, I tactfully ignored everyone and went out of the front door to my car.

I sat in my car, waiting for Enid to come. Could not believe I was waiting for someone. It was not like I dated a tons of girls, but a couple of. Two or three. And they were well known of my reputation, so never dared to make me wait.

Well, my brain provided. He is your best friend and not some girl that you dated. So waiting for him is worth it.

Yeah, waiting for him was worth it. But, I didn't want him to only be my best friend anymore, did I? I wanted much more. Was he ready for it?

I straightened up in my car seat when I saw him coming out of the house, tossing the full glass of beer in the bushes. He took out two papers from his pocket and tossed it out too. Why he never had any girlfriend was beyond me.

"Hey, you left hurriedly." He said entering into the car.

"Really? I didn't notice." I replied flatly.

"Look," he started hesitantly about what he should say, but was not able to go on.

"I could totally understand it." Not. "Just say it was a mistake. Say what you wanna say. Spit it out!" I yelled at him which I felt bad of, but the anger came out of nowhere.