Chapter 6

Enid's POV

I wasn't even adjusted with the brightness of the surroundings when Dustnot brought me food in my room. He was about to leave the room when he stopped and looke at me, smiling.

"Get ready. You have school." He said, "Ethan has already left."

"And mom and dad?" I asked.

"They are in their rooms." With that he left.

I got out of the bed and got to the bathroom to get ready. The cool water was smoothing my body that it had to tolerate for yesterday's torture. I couldn't bring myself to know what I did to deserve it. It really was torture. Maybe my body would cope with it later, but now it was killing me. I only played because it made me feel good and I felt closer to Aiden more. And now after watching yesterday's events, I wasn't so sure at all.

Maybe it was a all very big mistake. Maybe we won't come closer, maybe we would drift apart. Though I'm no one to compare to Aiden,  but competition may ruin our friendship. Shit! Why didn't I thought that through? Or maybe I thought it. I couldn't remember and what was done was done. No turning back.

By the time I left my house, I saw Aiden waiting for me in the driveway with a frown on his face. That meant he was thinking something hard. I opened the car door and entered without a word.

"'M sorry." That was the first words of the day from his mouth. I didn't know if I should be happy or worried. "I shouldn't have left you there with him alone." He said clenching his stirring wheel harder.

I had never seen him so tensed before. So, I put my hand on his.

"It's okay. I wasn't alone with him there. Why are you behaving like this? Don't you trust me?" I asked, worried.

"Of course, I trust you. It's just him. You don't know him. He's very clever and he put you on the team means he has something on his mind."

"Maybe, maybe not. Who cares? He can't hurt me if that's what you are fussing about."

"I'm not..." He calmed himself down. "Anyway, I hope he's not gonna take advantage of you, still I want you to be safe."

"I know." I couldn't stop myself from smiling. "Come on, we need to get to the school." I said messing his hair up. He smiled back.

"Sure." And we were off to the school.

Never realized when we reached this mutual understanding, but we knew each other too well to forget about each other for even one nano-second. Everyone was in the parking lot. They all very well knew that we were late always. So they swallowed the information bitterly and kept waiting for us.

Aiden firstly said sorry for his behaviour and everything seemed to be the same again. Had the boring classes with everyone and the time for the practice came. That had been my routine for one week already. I had been practicing like maniacs. How did everyone manage with it?

"Enid! Focus!" Rick shouted. I quickly turned and the pain was there again. This thing is like a leech, didn't give me a good night's sleep for a week now. The pain shot through my neck and straight to my back. I winced, rubbing my neck.

"Damn it." I didn't know I made any kind of sound until I realised Rick had dropped the ball and came running to me. He placed a hand on my neck and started rubbing.