Chapter 4

Aiden's POV

'What?! He agreed? He agreed to play for school? And who convinced him? Rick?! Rick convinced him and I couldn't? How could he?

I felt my heart was sinking. My best friend from Kindergarten school is going to play for the school team which is a great news. I'm happy. Just can't believe that he was convinced by Rick, the person he hated. Maybe not much. It wasn't like they were good friends either. He had never lied to me about liking or not liking him.

What am I thinking about? I scolded myself. That's so absurd.

"Aren't you going to say something?" Enid asked.

"Uh? Huh, Yeah. Right..." I was out of words. I had never been out of words. "Yeah, tha-that's great. We can now play together." I managed at last.

"Yeah, great!" Enid said over enthusiastically looking at Rick, like faking it. I snorted. What had I been thinking? He didn't  like Rick one bit.

"Let's eat." Enid and Ethan raced each other to the booth where the food was served as soon as I offered. I could relive my childhood at the moment.

"Thanks. We managed to convince Enid to join the team. It didn't take much time or words to convince him, anyway." Rick said. I didn't like the tone. Relax, Aiden. He is not using Enid. I told myself.

We all settled on the big family table that was prepared for only today particularly using two big tables. I sat between Enid and Mark, one of dad's office stuff and Matt's father. Nice guy. I asked him why Matt hadn't come.

"My son is a bit shy type of guy." Mark replied. Anyone could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"We know. But you should watch out who he associates with." Ethan said glaring at Rick, who, was licking the juice off his finger. Ethan grimaced.

"You're more disgusting than Enid." Ethan said and Enid protested.

"And I wondered only my son's strange." Matt snorted and everybody burst out.

Finishing the whole stupid brunch thing, we headed for my room. It was past 2:30. We played some video games. Later that afternoon we played football in the backyard and watched sun set together. Ethan and me on one team and Rick and Enid on the other when Enid simply refused to play with Rick without even thinking about killing each other. Obviously I let Enid win. Ethan knew this and Rick didn't even let one letter out of his mouth. He was rather enjoying this 'togetherness'. Didn't know what to call it.

I was getting tired of the whole thing watching Rick and Enid and wanted to get the hell out of the house. So I grabbed my car key and ordered them to getup to go to our special place. On our way Enid called our group. Even Sally, Amy and Matt also. We went to 'The Wasted'. It was a famous club. It was my uncle's, but now the owner is Mason, my cousin. We had to wait for an hour to all of our friends to come. It was clearly all girls' faults, for taking hours to get ready.

The bouncer knew us too well to stop. We went to the bar. Had one beer each and went dancing. The music was too loud to think anything, everything felt distant instead of pressing bodies of cute girls, which I most definitely liked. Mason came into my view to greet us all. Just graduated from college and took step into adulthood, he looked nothing like someone his age. College students looked immature in front of him.

"Are you done drooling over me, bro?" Mason shouted smilingly. I didn't notice he came just in front of me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed hugging him.