Chapter 3

Enid's POV

I woke up the next day when Ethan was knocking on the door.

"Come in." Knowing that was Ethan, I didn't show my irritation. He was my other half. How could I?

He came in. Sat on the edge of the bed and I sat up.

"Nice room. It's been more than two years that I stopped coming into your room, huh? Guess a lot of things has changed," Ethan said.

"Yeah, a lot of things has changed, I guess." I smiled at him.

A knock was on the door again. "Come in," Ethan said, "I asked them to bring the breakfast here."

"Thanks." I said, grateful.

After entering high school, seriously a lot of things had changed. We weren't the same. Though look wise we barely were different. We talked about a lot of things that morning. We shared what was going on with our lives. I felt relived at the moment. We broke the conversation when Aiden started calling.

"We'll be there in fifteen minutes. Promise. Okay. Bye... bye, Aiden." I cut off the phone before giving Aiden any chance to start talking again. Ethan went to his own bedroom to get ready. In twenty minutes we were out of the house. We started to walk towards Aiden's house.

"If he said anything, then you're the one who's gonna be in trouble, Enid." My brother said casually.

"Wha-what? Why me?" I tried to play shocked.

"'Cause you're his boyfriend. And he'll never say a rude word to you." Ethan winked at me."

"God! Not again!" I screamed.

"What 'not again'?" Aiden asked from the door step. "You're late again, Ethan."

"I knew you would never blame your boyfriend." That remark earned a slap on the back of his head from Aiden.

I looked at the floor. We both knew our friends and families thought that we were both into each other which was far from the truth. He wasn't interested in me one bit. He was more of a player like Rick. And I wasn't interested in him either. It was fate that we were even friends for that long.

"Come on." Aiden gestured us to come behind him. We went to the back yard. His father's business partners were there. Colleagues. My parents? I mean our. Our parents were there. How?

"When did they come?" I was shocked.

"Mom came yesterday from the business trip." Ethan informed me. "And came here when you were still sleeping, sleepy head. They didn't want to disturb you. So..." I went to my parents. Hugged them. After seeing mom a whole month later was incredible for me. Mom kissed on my forehead.

"Good to see you, honey." Mom smiled and messed my hair. Damn it!

"Don't worry. She did that to me too." Ethan said.

"And me too." Aiden said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.  I blushed as mom, dad and also Aiden's mom sighed. They always thought that we would be something. Aiden quickly released me. Thank God. We all sat down by the pool.

"I should call Sally. She hasn't call me yet." Ethan said suddenly after seeing Rick walk towards us.

"Hey," Rick said and Ethan walked away. Rick was staring at Ethan's back until he was out of sight. "What's up with him?"

"Dunno." I shrugged.

We all talked and laughed. Even Ethan was relaxed and talked to Rick, discreetly. As usual, I made small talk and made one or two jokes here and there.

"Coach wanted a new player in our team. You should sign up." Rick said to me out of nowhere.

Me? Football? Crazy, Rick or what?

"Yeah, right." I tried to laugh it off. "No thanks."

"Try, at least once." Rick tried to convince.

"I told him a lot of times.  But he never listened to me." Aiden said.

"Yeah. Dull headed as always." Ethan participated. He already knew who was smarter. So I only smirked.

"No, but, seriously, you can also get attention, girls. I mean that more than what you can get right now. Maybe a girlfriend even." Rick said.

"Hmph, tempting. But no thanks." I started to walk away. I felt hungry so I grabbed a chicken leg.

"Look dude, maybe you don't want that. But we want you. James is injured from the last game. Sammy can't play for his own emotional package. Leave that. And we can't offer it to the water boy." Rick said in a low voice.

"Sky. His name is Sky." I corrected him.

"Okay okay Sky. Look it's about time we offer you this position. Do want to ruin our reputation?"

"No, but-" I was soon cut off.

"'No but'." He mocked." We know you have the potential in you. You're strong, smart and know how to tackle your enemy. Come on, dude. Just one try. If you can't, I promise, I'll train you myself." Rick said with so much confidence in his eyes.

I looked at Aiden and made my decision. Maybe it's a good idea that I'd be on the team. Dad would be happy that I tried to play other than with my X-box. I could have more time spending with Aiden. And of course it could be a ticket to a good college too.

"Yeah, okay." A uncertainty was in my voice. "But, if something bad happens, anything, never blame me." I warned him.

"My great great great-grand parent's swear." Rick said with one hand on his heart.

"Drama king." I snorted.

"Yes!" Rick said with triumph in his voice.

"What happened?" Ethan said angrily. "You didn't hurt him, did you?" Ethan asked Rick. Aiden and Rick were standing in front of us.

"Why do you always think I'm a baby? I can protect myself you know. BTW I'm elder than you by full two and a half minute. And no, he didn't do anything." I said.

"Enid, you may not know, but, you are a baby."

"He agreed to join football team." Rick said without even waiting for me to say it to Aiden, myself.

"What?!" Ethan said. He was in pure shock.

"Yeah," I said, "I mean why not? It'll bring a change in my boring life. Maybe it'll help on the college applications."

"You are totally welcome and welcome to the team." Rick said patting me on my back. Ethan hugged me. Only Aiden said nothing.

'Why isn't he saying anything? He was the one who kept pushing me to join the team. Well, kept trying.' I looked at him, expecting him to say something. Anything. Wasn't he happy? 'I'm doing this for us to spend more time.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note: if it's not good. Then let me know. And you guys can give me suggestions.