Chapter 30

Enid's POV:

"Were you listening in on us?" Will was the first to break the awkward silence.

"Are you shitting me? No, I was going to see what you're doing here now when I heard you talking about revealing Dri." Ethan was really pissed. "If I wanted to eavesdrop on you guys, I would've just stood there and not say anything."

Bloody hell, Ethan was fuming. I opened my mouth, but how to explain it to Ethan? Would he believe me or, would he think that I was just jealous of Dri that I made up the whole story?

I was saved when the food arrived and Will dug in immediately, Sam followed the suit. They were probably really hungry.

I looked at Ethan and sighed. "Come on in. I'll explain."

He just stood there stubbornly, glaring at Will who was oblivious of the murdering daggers. He kept eating without a care in the world.

Why was he so touchy about Will's comment?

I dragged him inside and shut the door. Taking a deep breath, I started telling him everything from the start to the newest plan of Sam.

Will smiled at Sam with noodles dangling out of his mouth and she had to smack him to drop the act. All three of us winced.

Then Ethan turned to me and glared. "And you're telling me now?"

"Ugh! This is the question I'm gonna hear from all of you, am I not?"

"Oh, you are." Will replied.

I sighed. "Look, you've to believe me, I don't know how to approach to you all with a matter like this. Even if now I've proof that the thing in the hospital was not my imagination and the officers were fake, the whole accident, and the doctor was a set up, Dri's memory loss, everything is fake and Aiden is my..." my eyes widened when everyone looked at me. I tried to improve. "...bestfriend again. I, I don't know how to say it to him, even." I took a deep breath. "I just wanna confront Dri and not humiliate her in front of everyone."

"You gotta be kidding me! You're still thinking 'bout her?" Will asked bewildered.

"Yeah, she's trying to fool all of us, manipulate Aiden." Sam was shocked too.

"Think about how she was being a bitch to you, to all of us. Then pretended to be a good girl again and now this?" Ethan joined them too.

"Have lost your mind?" Sam asked as if I had seriously gone crazy.

I did not want to argue with them. I knew what I was doing and what I wanted for Aiden.

Ethan's frowned face lit up. "Now, I get it. Somehow you're thinking about Aiden in all of this, right?" He asked teasingly.

I blushed. "I just don't want Aiden to think that he is being used, that she is playing him again. I think it'd be better if Dri confess it on her own why she did what she did and not hear from us. That's gonna hurt less."

I was the one who thought that Dri had changed when Aiden still doubted her, but then again, I knew that she was his first relationship and like any other firsts, it meant something to him too.

Although, she had crossed every single line at the moment when she thought about playing such a dirty trick on Aiden.

Why would she do that? To get Aiden? Would not being honest about her feelings help more?

She has wasted her money, time and beautiful acting skills on this stupid... game.

"I think Aiden's gonna feel relief even if we give him the proofs." Sam rolled her eyes as she said.

But, I think he's going to be angry with me. I thought to myself. What if he demands why I didn't tell him? What am I gonna do?!

I wanted to chew on my nails for the first time in twelve years. So, I but my thumb instead.

"So, can I participate in this?" Ethan's quiet voice spoke up.

"It's not a game, Ethan." Will scolded him. I almost laughed out.

"Don't talk to me. You think I'm a sneaky bastard." Ethan's voice was raising.

"I never said that!" Will was shocked as were we.

"Well, you did think that and I know it."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did! Don't lie on my face, you little Willy." Ethan all but shouted.

"No..." Will was cut off.

"Shut up!" Sam stood up. "Stop behaving like a child." She sighed in exasperation.

"Totally." I agreed with Sam, but Ethan jumped up.

"Thanks, bro."

"He agreed with Sam, not you." Will said grumpily.

"Did you hear someone say something?" Ethan pretended to listen.

"Drop it, Ethan. Don't you dare or I'll kill you." Will warned, but Ethan put his hand behind his ear, trying to hear a distant noise.

As if something went off, Will chased after Ethan out of my room.

I was amused. "What just happened?"

Sam looked at me funnily. "What do you mean? They've always been like this." I frowned a little.

"What?"

She laughed. "Maybe you were so blind sided by Aiden that you never really noticed how we actually are."

I looked at her incredulously.

Okay, it was true that I always had paid more attention to Aiden than anyone else, but never turned my back on the rest of my friends, or did I?

A/n: Is it blind sided or blind sighted?

There can be a lot of mistakes.