Chapter 17

Enid's POV

The slow soothing alternative rock music that filled the whole room was pure bliss to my ear and nerves too. A knock came on my door. It was safe to say that everyone was clear to talk to me now. Before I could answer, the door opened slowly.

"Enid?" Ethan's voice came and I could only see his head peek. "Is the coast clear?"

I smiled at him. "Come in, you idiot." He came into the room, shutting the door behind him and came towards my bed.

"Your phone." He said and handed me my phone that I threw out of rage.

No, not rage. I was a little bit upset. That was all. I was not really angry at anyone or about anything.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

"What was that all about?" He gestured at the door with his thumb.

"Nothing." I shook my head. "I'm sorry about that. I was just..." I sighed out. "Anyway, where were you last night?" I asked him, changing the topic.

He flushed, I frowned. "I was... I was with Sal." He said with very difficulty. That was a bit strange. As when he first started dating, he used to rub that fact on my face, not that I cared at all, but now he was flushing and almost stumbling over his words.

"What's going on?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

He shook his head and spoke up. "Nothing. It was very much nothing." I hummed to convince him that I bought his excuse. "What's with you and Aide?"

His question brought back the memory that I so badly wanted to just forget. "What do you mean?" I asked, but faltered as Ethan raised an eyebrow at me. I needed someone talk to, beside Aiden, too. "Well, I was a bit upset..."

"With Aiden?" He seemed surprised, I nodded. "Interesting."

He looked like the wise owl that kids read about in a folk tale. "You are nuts." I laughed without any reason.

Just talking to Ethan and Aiden made me feel light, no matter what situation I was in.

A knock came on my door and it opened, revealing our mother. "Hey, guys, what are you doing?" She asked as if she was talking to a baby, not two teenagers who were almost adults.

"Just trying to decide in what season his and Aiden's wedding should be." Ethan said so casually and seriously that it almost felt real.

Mom's face lit up with bright smile. "Oh! I knew it this morning..."

Before mom could say anything embarrassing, I stopped her. "He's only kidding, mom."

"Oh..." her face fell a little. "Okay, then, I came to inform you that Aiden and his parents and Mike are coming over for dinner."

"Today? But, it's Saturday. Don't you guys do it on Sundays?" Ethan said and I had to say, something did not add up. They always do these socialising things on Sundays, then why... something clicked into place.

"You are leaving, aren't you?" I asked, feeling that sad childish feeling creeping to my heart.

"I am not, honey, but your dad is." Mom replied, combing my hair to the side. Should I feel happy about it? I sighed out.

"Okay, then. I'll get going." Ethan's voice came quieter and before we both could stopped him, he went out of the room.

Story of our life. The misery of every child that their parents have no time for them, although we were lucky enough to have such loving parents in our life.

"I'll go after him." Mom patted me on my back once before leaving the room, shutting the door behind her.

I smiled at Ethan's childishness and our mother's protectiveness. I looked down at my phone. Realizing that it was switched off, I turned it on.

As soon as the phone was switched on, it chirped several times indicating that I had texts after texts and missed calls and all from that one person.

Aiden: Why is your phone switched off? Are you okay?

Aiden: I did not even listen properly. Are  you at home or at Rick's?

Aiden: Enid, I am so so so sorry.

Aiden: Are you really not gonna switch on your phone?

And finally just as I finished reading all those texts, my phone chimed.

Rick: Keep your dog on leash. Why was Aiden here, searching for you? Did you not tell him you are at your own home?

Me: Sorry 'bout that. I could not tell him properly.

P.s. he is not a dog.

Another text came from Aiden.

Aiden: If you do not want me to come up and kiss the hell out of you in front of Ethan, then answer this, you idiot!

I could feel myself flush to the tip of my hair. I hurriedly texted him back.

Me: No, no, no! I am answering.

Don't come up.

You are invited tonight.

Go home and come back tonight.

Aiden: Then I get to kiss the hell out of you?

He was going to be the death of me.

Me: Not in front of Ethan, though.

Then he sent a bunch of kisses and a smiley face with hearts in the place of eyes. I could not help, but smile at this and tease him. So, I sent him kisses too and smirked knowing that he would flush like I did.

I was anticipating for tonight.

A/n: I am not really sure if the last line is correct or not. I have noooooooooo idea what to write.