Chapter 8

Aiden's POV

In biology class, I was partnered with Enid this week again. We were about to cut a frog and Enid was not ready to kill it. Poor him. It was already dead though. I chuckled looking at his frowned face.

"It's just a frog," I whispered.

"Thanks for informing me that." He pouted."

"Class, start it. I already told you how to." And we all started without a words waste. He was terrifying sometimes.

After a few minutes I hissed as the blade cut through my forefinger's skin, not too deeply, though.

"Aiden!" Enid almost shouted. Leaving his paper work, he took my finger in his hand and pressed it tightly so that the bleeding would stop. I stared at his face. He was going to put it in his mouth, but I stopped him. Looked like he was I. More pain than I was.

"Get him to the nurse's office, Enid." Mr. Pallu ordered. He just nodded and led me there. Well, I was not a baby and I knew where it was. So, I felt it was a little unnecessary for Enid to guide me there.

The blood was not dripping, in fact the way Enid had been pressing my finger into his fist, I was definite that the was not even reaching to the finger tip.

"Oh my! What happened?" The nurse asked.

"He cut his finger with scalpel in the Bio lab."

"It's okay. It'll be fine. I'm going to sanitise it." She said and went to grab the first-aid box when suddenly Sky came into office. His face looked like he was about to cry.

"What happened?" He questioned.

"Aiden cut himself." Sky's eyes widened.

"Why would he do that?"

"It was just an accident, Sky. In Bio lab." Sky mouthed an 'Oh!'

"Sky, what happened?" The nurse asked, placing the box on the bed. I sat on beside it. Sky hesitated for a moment before went out of the office. Nurse followed after him, not before instructing Enid to look after me and got some cotton, bandage, band-aids and liquid antiseptic with her.

"She surely does know what's wrong with Sky. I guess he's a regular. I'm gonna have to talk to Emmett about this later." Enid just hmphed in response. He was working his way quite perfectly without letting me bleed.

"Why are you so worried? It's just a finger." I said annoyingly of how worried he could get over the smallest of things. He did not answer, just clear it with water, tear off the band-aid's cover and was about to put it round my finger, but being a stubborn one, I put my thumb and forefinger of my left hand on his chin, making him look at me.

"I know it's just a finger. Just let me do it." His lips were moving in a sexy rhythm. I was on the verge of kissing him. My eyes never left his lips, he took my hand put the band-aid on.

"Thanks." He raised his eye-brows as I said that. "Fine, sorry. For saying thanks." He shook his head, closing the lid of the box, we went to the classroom to collect our bags. But, Rick was already outside our class with Matt with our bags. Jake and Izzy were talking about school newspaper. Will was talking with Emmett about football. Sam, Amy and Sally were gossiping as usual.

"Where's Ethen?" I asked as he was the only one missing out from our group.

"Huh? I don't know." Rick answered.

"I wasn't asking you. It was usual that you don't know. I was asking Sally about him." I turned to face Sally again and Rick frowned deeply.

"Oh, he's going to meet with the principal."

"Why?" Enid asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, some people were harassing Sky, so he got into a fight with them."

"Who were they?" Emmett growled. Now, that was jealousy I felt every time Rick even came near Enid, like he was my property, which was highly unhealthy, if you ask me, and unfair.

"Um, I don't know... I don't know them." Sally responded.

"Where's he now?"

"Who, Sky? Dunno." She shrugged and Emmett left.

"What's up with him?" Will asked wrapping a hand around Sam and jerking his thumb at Emmett's retrieving back. We all shrugged.
"You know he doesn't like if anyone even try to lay a finger on his prey." Matt said. Matt handed me my bag and we went for Maths. Ethan skipped the class. By the look on Enid's face, I understood that he was really worried about his twin. I squeezed his hand gently assuring him that it was okay. Ethan was fine. It was assuring for me too when he smiled at me.

As the class ended the group was on the front door to go check on Ethan. As we approached to the principal's office, Ethan was in front of the office with principal, shaking his hand, Ethan left for us.

"Are you okay? What did he say?" Enid asked. Worry sketched on his face. So, I put a hand on his shoulder and he relaxed visibly.

"It was fine. Do you know where Sky is?" Ethan asked.

"He was in nurse's office not fifty minutes ago." I informed.

"Great. Where can we find him?" Ethan asked again.

"Dunno, but, he'll be fine." Rick said.

"Yeah, what happened actually?" Enid asked this time."

"We were on our way to school and I saw Sky was getting harassed and bullying by some kids and men too. The kids weren't from our school and the men looked menacing. So, I went and helped Sky."

"He was beating the shit out of them." Sally said half-angrily.

"Aren't you happy that I saved Sky?" Ethan asked, frowning.

"Of course, but you shouldn't beat someone you don't know. They could be dangerous. You could call out for us too." Rick said sounding worried. Enid and I exchanged a glance. That was weird for Rick to be worried about Ethan.

"Maybe I would. If you had any attention left after giving it all to Enid." Ethan replied with so much malice that it even stung me.

Rick was ready to punch him then and there if Emmett had not returned.

"Emm, what happened,bro?" Will asked running towards Emmett. He looked hurt. That in my living days, I thought was not possible. He lived to hurt other people.

"I found him, but he wouldn't talk to anyone."

"Who?" Will asked.

"Sky." He replied. "He wants to stay alone." Will patted his back."

Don't worry. He'll come around."

I tightened my grip around Enid. There were a lots of things going on that was really unusual for us. I didn't want Enid to change also.

And hopefully he won't.