Chapter 31

Aiden's POV:

I was getting ready for school when Enid came into my room sneakily, kissing me on my neck and startling me out of my own thoughts.

"Hey." Enid whispered as he wrapped his hands around my waist from behind.

"Hey." I greeted back.

"Ready for school?" He asked and I shook my head.

Hearing him chuckle, I turned my head to look at him, but that little sneaky devil kissed me on my lips.

"Hey!" I protested, although I was already wanting them back on mine. His laughter intensified. "Someone's in a good mood." I commented.

"Today is just a good day and I think the Monsoon is coming." He said thoughtfully.

Looking outside the window, I hummed. "Hm, right."

He tightened his hold around me. "This patchy hot weather is gonna go away and it'll bring the sweet rain, isn't it?" Enid seemed absent minded.

"Yeah." I replied as I turned around fully to come face to face with him.

"Everything's gonna be alright, just like it used to be." His voice was just barely above a whisper, as if he was saying this just for the two of us.

"Everything, just like it was before?" His eyes were looking at me so softly and with a determination that I could not help but smile at his innocence and kiss him.

Our lips melted against each other from the heat between us. His arms tightened to pull me even closer. I wrapped my hands around his neck. An unwanted, embarrassing moan fell out as Enid's tongue entered my mouth. His fingers were tickling the skin on my waist. I shivered in his arms.

"Aiden." He moaned out. His fingers were slightly tugging on my shirt and I let him pull it over my head, messing up my hair. "You look handsome."

I chuckled. "You're just horny."

Enid shook his head and was about to say something when my phone started ringing. Annoyed, I took out the phone from my pocket and looked at the screen. It was Dri.

What a timing! I thought resenting my own fate.

I silent my phone and looked at Enid. He had a frown on his face. I could say the mood was gone, but the way he still held my hand, gave me fluttering in my stomach.

"We'd be late for school." He said finally. I sighed. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"You've been saying this, but definitely there is, Aiden."

"Is there something that's bothering you?" I asked looking straight into his eyes, daring him to lie.

He cupped my face with his hands. "There was, but everything's crystal clear now." He placed his lips on mine. "Now, you tell me."

"It's about Dri, isn't it?" I cursed myself as curiosity got the best of me.

He sighed and pursed his lips. Was he about to lie to me?

"It... was, actually, but not anymore." He kissed my forehead and hugged me.

"What changed?" It was apparent that whatever was going on, Enid did not want me to know.

"My insecurities." His reply and quiet voice surprised me.

I let go off of his hug against my will. I frowned as I asked, "You were insecure? Why?"

"Dri was your first love and you were to take on that role again." He shrugged.

She was my first... what?! As the words sunk in my head, I laughed and laughed.

"She was not my first love, you idiot." I ruffled his hair affectionately. "She was my first girlfriend, yeah, and probably the last and I liked her and I loved her, but as a friend, Enid."

I could tell that Enid was uncomfortable, so I took his hands in mine and squeezed them. He smiled before kissing me again.

He picked up the shirt and handed it to me. I wore it again, all the way his eyes were on me.

"Let's go or we'll be late." He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of my house.

We were late for school anyway and I enjoyed every moment of watching him panic. He was such a nerd. Although, we did not get detention, we were terrifyingly close to it.

By the time lunch rolled in, I was dreading facing Dri. She had tried to talk to me, but I tried to keep it casual. What shocked me the most was during lunch, Ethan trying to sweet talk with Dri which was highly unlikely.

"Hey, wanna go to the movies? I heard a good cinema was released last week?" Dri asked after school when I was shoving my French book into my locker.

"No, sorry. I have practice now and then..." I trailed off as I remembered how I made plans for Enid to come over to my house to study or to just hang out.

"Then? You're free. You don't have to tutor me today."

Are you kidding me? I thought to myself. "Yeah, true, but I've my own homework and I was told that grandma would call today, so sorry." I told her.

"What 'bout tomorrow?" She asked, leaning on me.

I sighed. "We've to study together, remember?"

"Let's ditch!" She said excitedly.

The urge to rub my forehead came back, because these were too much, when Enid's voice stopped me.

"You can't. The exams are coming up and you have a lot to catch up on, Dri. Am I right?"

Was he my saviour or what?

"What's it to you?" She was clearly annoyed. I wished she could see how annoying she had been to me.

Enid seemed taken aback and I hated the face he was making. He was not tough, never had been. He could not be rude to people even if he wanted to be. He was too nice and that's the trait that made me fall in love with him everyday and hate it at the same time.

"Dri..." I started to warn her but was cut off.

"You believe it or not Dri, I care about you." And it was Dri's turn to be shocked.

"Oh, um, fine." She flipped her hair and kissed me on my cheek before walking away.

I scrubbed at my face furiously to take the feeling of the sticky lip gloss off of my face.

Enid chuckled. "Here, let me help you." He said before placing a thumb on my cheek to complete the task.

My eyes almost got closed on their own in bliss, he laughed lightly again.

Enid looked around, although the hall was clearly empty, but I did not care as I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his in a tender kiss. He smiled into it and kissed back.

As he was pulling away, I placed my hand behind his head and pulled him back into the kiss again. I rooted him firmly by his hair so that he could not get away from me.

Needless to say, we were late for the practice that day.