Chapter 25

Aiden's POV:

The next day we were all in the parking lot. The weirdest thing was that Dri was there too. She had not been a part of our group for more than a year since, you know, the whole trying breaking my friendship with Enid thing.

And what was more awkward and uncomfortable was that she was hanging off of my arm. It was burning my skin in a way that was very unbearable.

It was unnecessarily loud today or was it just me that wanted a little time alone and in peace, definitely with Enid, but the way he was staring in the distance and kept avoiding my eyes, it was a doubt if he would have wanted it as much as I did.

"Dri?" Sam's voice rang out above all, making everyone quiet and Dri flush.

"Yeah?" She was unsure of what Sam was gonna say, I was too.

"How's your study session going with Aide?" She asked. Although it looked innocent, but imagining what Enid would say, gave me a stomach ache. I had not told him yet.

I glared at her and was ready to tell her off that it was only yesterday when the principal told us, but Dri spoke up first.

"Well, you see, it's only yesterday that was decided, so..." She trailed off. "But, we'll definitely enjoy ourselves." She whispered huskily, leaning into my body.

I paled and Enid seemed to choke on air, but Ethan sniggered.

"So great!" I could feel Sam faking her excitement in her voice. "So, you were also great yesterday as it was your only first day back and you were..." She clapped her hands together and said excitedly. "Great!"

I was confused seeing her behaving like that. What was she up to? Her eyes were wide. I looked at Enid, as usual, for help, but he was looking at Dri. He was eyeing her too like Sam.

I looked at Dri then to find out, but all I could see was confusion before she closed her face to indifference.

"Yeah, a few days ago you weren't very keen on Aiden hanging out with us, Dri. What has changed?" Izzy questioned and I stared at her incredulously.

Did not they really want me to hang out with them? That time was a freaking nightmare for me. I sometimes felt like a ping pong ball with Dri's emotional torture on one hand and Enid, my friends on the other hand.

I certainly did not want Dri to become like that again. I would be forced to tell her the truth about her amnesia.

"I-I," she stuttered, "I'm sorry about that." She said finally. Hey eyes lowered and face fell and I felt bad for her.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulder. "It's okay, Dri." She looked up and smiled at me.

"So soon?" Enid asked and I looked at him, not able to believe my own ears. "Seriously, what changed?" He sounded so angry that I took my hand back. He was still avoiding my eyes.

"I don't know." Dri sounded small. "Maybe because he looked so sad being away from you guys." She smiled up at me.

Can this mean that she could feel how confused I felt and irritated about the whole situation, that that was the- before I could finish my thought she pecked my lips.

My head jerked back with the sudden move. I never expected her to kiss me in front of everyone, in front of Enid or even in private.

"Let's go." Enid said and started to walk away. I wanted to talk to Enid, but as I took a step, Dri pulled me by my hand to her side.

I looked at her to see her innocent smile. I sighed, just my luck. She was determined to stick to my side.

She had not changed as much as she would like to think.

True to my words, she clung to my side like glue the whole day. I could only talk to Enid during classes. Even there, there were teachers to interrupt. He barely even looked at me the whole day.

By the time we were getting ready for practice, I knew all of my efforts were in vain. He barely grunted a direct answer.

It was definitely not my fault that Dri kissed me and I did not even kissed her back! I wanted to scream out my frustration, but controlled myself.

My anger reached boiling point when Rick did not even had to try to get Enid's attention. It was all too much for me, so I walked up to coach.

"What is it? Get back to your running!" He barked orders.

"I can't today." Even if I tried to sound very annoyed, I failed, majorly. I sounded tired, even to myself.

"What?!" His face twisted into disbelieve.

"I-I can't today. I've to go." I replied, running my hand over the back of head.

He sighed, but I got the permission. "Fine." And that was that. He went to torture someone else.

I took a deep breath to clear my mind, although I knew, I only needed a long shower and a few minutes talk with Enid, just the two of us.

As I left the field and towards the parking lot, Dri came out of nowhere, smiling, shining and overly excited as always.

"Hey!" She shouted unnecessarily, making me jump out of my skin.

"Hey." I said.

"Ready to go?"

The fuck I am, but not with you.

"Yeah." My voice was barely above whisper.

"Good." She said and got into my car with me.

I wanted to protest, but I knew it would not work as she had already buckled herself up. It would not be a bother if I dropped her at her home first anyway.

It was later that I realized what her plan was.

She wanted to start on her missing lessons that day, but it was too late to get out of the situation. Turned out her parents were not home, we were alone.

"You can take a shower here if you want to." She offered and I swiftly declined.

"Let's start. I've to be home soon." It was a bit uncomfortable with the atmosphere around us.

"Soon? How soon?" She asked as she came near me and wrapping her hands around my neck. I tensed up.

"Dri?" I tried to warn her, but she leaned up, so I had to leaned my head back, away from her.

"What, Aiden?" She asked huskily which gave me a shiver and not a good kind.

"Stop this. If you don't-" I tried to pull her hand away from my neck, but that only caused her to pull my head down that gave her full advantage to kiss me, breaking my sentence halfway.

Her trying too much with her mouth was too much for me. All I could think about was Enid and how he would kill me if he saw me like that.

Today was not my day and with my luck, he could be bustling through the door.

With that thought I pushed Dri as forcefully as I could and she stumbled over to her bed, falling on it.

I wiped my mouth, disgusted with the whole scenario. "What is wrong with you?" I could not keep my voice down.

"That should be my question." She sat up. "You're my boyfriend. What was that?!" She shouted.

"I'm-" before I could blabber out the truth to her, I shut my mouth and picked up the bag from the floor.

As quickly as I could, I ran down the stairs, out of the front door and into my car. I ran my hands through my hair and wiped my mouth again.

I really need to see Enid. I thought as I drove away from Dri's house.