“You have about ten minutes before he arrives so I’m going to leave.” Grace said picking up her keys.

Nodding my head I walked her down stairs and to the door. After she left I walked into the family room where Taylor was sitting play some type of video game, talking through a mike to himself.

“George turn left!” he yelled.

I sat next to him, amused to how he was so focused on what he was doing. About five minutes later he paused the game and looked over at me.

“Where are you going?” he asked with his eyebrows raised.

“I have a date.” I said shyly biting my lip.

“With who?”

I hadn’t exactly talked to Taylor over the fact that I was going out on a date with Ashton. I didn’t know how he’d take it. “With someone…”

Taylor rolled his eyes, “Well obviously. That someone has a name.”

Looking at my brother I sighed. I hated when he was difficult. “I’m going out with Ashton.”

Taylor kept a straight face for about a moment before laughing at me. “You’re hilarious, but seriously, tell me who you’re going out with.”

“I just did, I’m going out with Ashton. He’ll be here any moment now.” I said frowning.

His face turned serious, “Are you kidding?”

“Nope.” I replied shaking my head, “Completely serious.”

At that moment the door bell rang and I jumped up excitedly to get it. Taylor followed me closely and stood behind me with his arms crossed. “Well answer it.” He said gesturing to the door.

“Please don’t screw this up.” I pleaded glaring at him.

Taylor snorted at me and I turned to the door. Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I twisted to door knob and reviled a nervous looking Ashton with his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

“Hey.” I said to Ashton with a smile and walked out next to him.

“Hi.” Ashton said  with a smile.

We both then turned our attention to Taylor who stood there with his legs spread apart and his arms crossed over his chest. “You okay there bro?” Ashton asked him with an eyebrow raised.

Taylor nodded his head and dropped his stance and walked out to the front step where we were. “Yeah I’m good. Have her back before 12, no nonsense. Have fun.” He said slapping his back.

Ashton nodded his head and did the same thing to Taylor, “You’ve got it.” He then turned to me and grabbed my hand. “Common let’s go.”

We walked over to his car while Taylor shut the front door. It was really cold out and you could see our breath in the winter air. “Here you go.” Ashton said opening my door. Smiling at him once I was in he shut it and walked over to his side and got in.

“Sorry about him, I guess he’s trying to take over the father role.”I apologized.

Ashton shrugged his shoulders and put the heat on full blast, “Its fine I understand. You look amazing by the way.”

Blushing I dropped my head to look at my lap, “Thanks”

The car ride was silent, but not awkward. I was beyond nervous. I kept tapping my foot the whole ride trying to calm my mind.  We arrived at a little Italian restaurant with Christmas lights twinkling along the trees surrounding the entrance and a few hanging down from the roof. There were red bows tied in the middle of the columns supporting the building. It gave the small place a romantic feeling. After about five minutes of searching, we found a parking spot and parked the car.