✤| introducing Rihaan |✤

Posted on May 14th, 2018 

🎹 Introducing Rihaan |

          Today... today is a lot different than others.

I would have never imagined what happened this morning would have happened. First, it was shocking that Sanya woke me up. Then, I felt so bad for hurting her. How could I have mistaken her for Kriana?

Until she left my room, it didn't even occur to me just what all I had done and said. It had just come out naturally. Too preoccupied with what was happening, I had no inhibitions with my words or actions that I normally have. It must have also been the first time she was not the first one to look away.

"I'm okay."

Her quiet whisper. Every time she talks, it is a reminder of her enchanting voice. I wish she would talk more. It can capture anyone's attention. She just has one of those rare voice that, dare I say, sounds sexy. Normally, people's voice is thick and attractive mostly during morning. Hers? She had a naturally attractive voice.

And those almond shaped hazel eyes. Those glasses of hers are always a hindrance, and if she would look at anyone more than a second, anyone would get captivated.

I had no chance against her.

She is beautiful. Talented. Artistic. Wonderful. A wonderful mystery.

Despite growing up closely, I still wonder what goes on in her quiet head. What does she think? What kinds of things does she like? I picked up some of her likes and dislikes from observing, but getting to know her is still a far stretched hope. I don't know her the way I know everyone else here and I wish I did.

Absentmindedly, I sit in the back row of the recliner seats in the home theater room. After Khushi's birthday party, Arshiya had come to call me just as I had been changing as everyone was getting together to watch a movie. I thought of declining when she announced she was going to Sanya's room next to get her.

That did it for me.

I changed out of jeans and button up shirt - the semi-formal outfit I'd worn for the party - and into normal shorts and a tee before heading to the theater room.

Losing myself in my phone, I faintly hear my parents as they come in and one after another, others pour in.

"Stop it, Rihaan. I'm not a kid. I'll eat if I want to."

Sanya's raising voice returns to memory from earlier in the evening when I had taken a piece of cake for her.

When she had pushed it aside to get back to her sketch, I had pushed it back to insist. And then, she had snapped at me. She never raised her voice at anyone. Always so soft spoken. It had taken me by surprise.

I did not know what I had done to get her mad other than get her a piece of cake. I always get her something to eat knowing it intimidates her to go get something at parties where there are people around the buffet area.

I've known this since we were about five years old. She had been standing at a distance looking ahead at the food area during her birthday party. When she wouldn't go to it, I had realized she was daunted by all the tall people.

So, I had ran ahead pushing through the crowd, skipping the line, and brought her a plate. Given I was a child, no one had the guts to scold me for not waiting my turn or try to discipline me. They termed it cute.

I still remember how her eyes had lit up like Christmas tree. I could never forget that.

Since then, I always remembered whenever we were at a party or some event.