✤ 1.9 two can date ✤

Posted August 17th, 2018
** This is the second update in less than 24 hours. Be sure to read chapter 8 first!**

Rihaan: 1.9 two can date

I never imagined I'd be teasing Sanya.

I had imagined it'd be years before I could bring myself to doing that. But it seems that when she shared her insecurities with me, she shed them once and for all. She wasn't shying. She wasn't backing off from a conversation. She wasn't glancing away from my face within a second as she used to before.

She was truly being free of all things that made her nervous.

I wouldn't have wanted any other way for her.

And yet, I find myself amazed that she is capable of this. She's always had this potential hiding away inside of hers and the world needs to see that.

I gave her that piece of Hershey Kisses innocently. There was no plan of teasing her with what she didn't remember, because it didn't happen. I hadn't even thought that was what she was assuming happened until I had observed her reaction at a seemingly innocent word I'd used to just talk about the chocolate.

But... the idea that she thought it had happened? It was enough for me to tease her and see where it would go. I think I need to learn to not be surprised by her anymore. Each time, she reacts differently than I assume.

Her unpredictability keeps me going.

And now... Now I can't wait for tonight. I should have asked her out properly. Anyway, the expression on her face will be worth it. I can ask her out officially another time. For now, I simply wish to spend time with her.

Over the past three months, there have been many things that I want to share with her. We've never been someplace and just talked. Everything I know about her, it's been observed and learnt as a part of growing up together. A few nights ago may have been the first time we actually had a heart to heart where we were both talking– and God knows how many more of those times I wish for in the future.

I want to get to know her, from her, with her talking back to me instead of me reading her eyes and filling in the blanks. I want to know everything exactly as it goes on in her head, her heart.

And she may not be expressing all that anger anymore from three days ago, but I know the hurt is still there.

We need to talk about that. I need to explain my reasons for leaving were different than anything she might have assumed. The reasons don't make them right. I already know the mistake I made. But, I am hoping she will give me the chance to make up for it.

*✧✤--------------------------✤✧*

I find mom in the kitchen, cooking when I return from school midafternoon. Yes, a mother cooking is normal. But, my mother cooking without listening to music is not normal.

I carefully approach her and at her lack of greeting, I assume she and dad must have had their little arguments again. I hope it wasn't over me leaving the tour suddenly with no warning, but that is just wishful thinking.

I make the smart decision and offer. "Can I help?"

She arches a brow, "You want to help me with cooking?"

I shrug my shoulders in response, "Why not? I'm no chef but I'm sure I can do something to be useful."

She narrows her eyes in suspicion, "You want something."