✤ 1.32 baths over beds ✤

Posted November 28th, 2018

Sanya: 1.32 baths over beds 

The first thing I do once we reach the hotel suite at the end of our first day in New York is take off my shoes and curl my toes before stretching them out. We had decided to freshen up before deciding where to go for dinner but right now, I feel so jet lagged I just want to curl in bed and forget about dinner.

Rihaan seems to have the same idea since he lays down at the center of the king size bed. His arms stretch over his head, shirt riding up and exposing a strip of his abs. I have to force myself to blink away from his flexing muscles and get up to use the restroom.

Minutes later, patting my face dry, I climb on the bed, sitting on folded legs under me by his side. He opens his eyes to look at me, tired. "What do you want for dinner?"

I lean into his side, arm across his chest. "Anything light. How about we just go down to the hotel restaurant?"

"You read my mind," He answers starting to sit up and I shift off my weight so he can. He kisses my cheek and then climbs around me to get off the bed and use the restroom. I take out my flats to give my toes some breathing space and deem the outfit I am already in decent enough for this high-end hotel restaurant. Even if it is not, I am past caring. I am too tired to care.

Once we get downstairs, place our orders, and wait for our food, Rihaan pulls out his phone. His forehead creases every now and then in a mix of confusion and frustration. Finally, I ask. "What are you trying to do?"

He mumbles pinching out on his screen, "Trying to figure out this subway thing so we know which ones to take for tomorrow."

I forward my hand offering help, "Here. Let me see. I've used the rails a couple of times in Chicago. Can't be too hard."

"Oh, it's hard." He disagrees while passing me his phone and I try to figure out the app he is using, going back and forth from maps app to figure out which station was the closest to our hotel. He moves to the chair next to me instead of sitting across so he can see too.

Okay. I'll bite. It was a little frustrating and we ended up looking into it, writing down the route on Notes app on my phone as we went along and were halfway done eating.

"We should just rent a car."

I chuckle pointing out, "And deal with the traffic? We'll never get anything done then. C'mon, relax. We figured it out, didn't we?"

"Just for one day. There's still like three more weeks. If I have to do this every day, I'll die."

I force a spoon full of soup in his mouth, "You're exaggerating. The more we use it, the more comfortable we'll get. And, there's two of us. We'll make it work."

He sighs and nods, taking my hand. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry. Jet lag has me a bit cranky."

I tease tapping his nose, "You don't say." I did not mind his frustrations at all. It was cute when he'll make that face having his nose flare up in a quick bout of anger before he would bite it down.

He puts his arm around my neck in a head lock and a squeal escapes my throat at the unanticipated move. For a second, I am embarrassed that others may be looking our way because of my squeal, but I forget about it as he speaks close to my ear, "You're lucky I love you," and presses a deep kiss over my cheekbone.

I cheekily respond, "I love me too." And close the distance between our lips in a soft kiss.

He hums against my lips, the sensation vibrating over. "Tease," he says pulling back for still not saying the words to him in return and instead being sassy.