~34~

Archer's POV
Monday night
I got to the gym and slammed the car door. I ran into the building as fast as I could. "Em?" I yelled, looking around the room. I searched all over the place; yelling her name as I did. The only place that was left was the basement. I got to the stairs of the basement, then it all went black.

(Thirty minutes later)
My eyes opened slowly. They fluttered a few times trying to adjust to the light. "Oh good, you're awake" Michael's father stepped out from behind a door.

"Where is she?" I tried to move but, the ropes around me restrained me. "What have you done to her?" I tried to get out of them.

"Relax, she's fine" I glared at him in anger. "As long as you cooperate" his smile was wide.

"What do you mean?" I sat still. He walked closer to me. "Answer me" I yelled.

"You don't get to demand things" He threw a punch into my stomach. "Bring her in" I watched as they brought her through the door. Her screams shattered my heart.

"It's okay, Em" I said trying to catch my breath. She looked at me with tears stained on to her cheeks. The gag in her mouth kept her from speaking.

"Are you ready to cooperate?" I kept my eyes on her. While I wasn't paying attention; he threw a right handed hook into my cheek. "Answer me" He said grabbing my face.

"Yes" he let go of my face. "You have to let her go first" I demanded. His glare stayed on me, while he puffed on his cigar.

"I said, you don't get to demand things" he threw a left handed hook into my nose. I watched as Em flinched at the sight.

"I said, let her go" I yelled back even louder. I could feel the blood trickling out of my nose down my lip. He looked over at the two men standing over her.

"Take the gag out" they did as he said. She flinched at their touch. "That's all she gets" he said with a smile. I nodded my head.

"Arch" Em cried out. I looked over at her with apologetic eyes. "Help me" my heart shattered at those words.

"I will baby, I promise you it's going to be okay" she shook her head. "Don't hurt her" I begged.

"That depends on you" his smirk widened. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Do as I say and she doesn't get hurt" I nodded my head. "Get the girl a seat" he demanded. Em tried to escape in this moment but, the grip on her tightened.

"You're hurting me" she cried. I perked up but, the ropes restrained me once again.

"Loosen your grip before lover boy kills you with his stare" he laughed evily. The man holding her tightened even more on her.

"Let go of her" she winced in pain. "I'm going to kill you" he laughed once more.

"Is that a threat?" They sat her down in a chair; tying her wrist down to the arms of the chair. "If it is then she'll have to pay the price" my eyes watched as she winced in pain some more.

"Tell me what I need to do" he nodded his head walking over to Em. He bent over; placing his hand on her cheek.

"How much do you love her?" I kept my eyes on her. She stared back at me through her tears.

"I love Em, more than anything in this world" she tried to smile. "I do anything to keep her safe" his hand caressed her cheek. I watched as his hands traveled down her neck. He turned to look at me with a devilish grin.

"Does this bother you?" He kept roaming his hands on her body. I could feel anger bubbling inside me.

I kept my mouth shut, so he wouldn't hurt her. He looked at me once more before running his hand down her leg. "Stop" I yelled.

"Please don't hurt me" I wanted so badly to break out of these ropes to save her. His hand kept running along her thigh. "Please stop" she choked out.

"Stop touching her" he glared up at me. "She's asked you to stop" I glanced over at her.

"What did I say about demanding things?" He stood up to face me. I looked at him then to her. "Now you have to suffer the consequences" he laughed.

"Don't you dare hurt her" I yelled. "Hurt me instead" I said as he raised a hand to slap her. "Do whatever you want to me but, don't touch her" he paused in midair.

"I see what you're doing" he walked closer to me. "Trading your life for hers" I nodded my head. "How sweet" he said sarcastically. He grabbed me by the throat to stare him in his eyes.

"Stop" Em's voice sounded hoarse. He laughed over his shoulder. "Please just stop" she said through her tears. "I'm the one who had your father and son locked up" her stare was on him. "Punish me instead" I shook my head.

"No Em" I breathed out. He laughed as he stood in between us. He walked over and kneeled down in front of her.

"I'm going to punish you both" he said with venom before leaving the room. Her head fell to her lap as she cried.

"It's okay" I said quietly. "I'm going to get you out of here, I promise" she left her stare at her lap. "Look at me" her eyes slowly met mine. "I'm not going to let him hurt you" the sight of her being scared made me angry.

"I'm sorry Arch" I was confused as to why she was apologizing. "I started this, it should be me getting hurt" I shook my head as she continued. "I deserve this, not you" her eyes fell to the floor.

"You don't deserve this Em" she nodded her head. "No you don't" I said with a bit of anger. "You deserve to live a long happy life" I could feel my eyes start to water. "I want to be in your life for as long as we both shall live" she stared at me with a look of faith.

"I love you Arch" her smile was wide. Before I could say it back, Michael's father entered the room. Her smile dropped to the floor as he walked over to me.

"Oh, did I ruin the moment?" He turned to face her. "My bad" he chuckled. "I should let you to finish considering, it's the last time you see each other" she flinched at his words.

"What are you going to do?" I said harshly. He spun around to look at me. "I don't think you have the guts to do anything" I spit in his face.

"You are testing me boy" he wiped spit from his right eye. "Let me give you a preview" he grabbed a knife from his pocket. "Maybe this will change your mind" he walked over to Em and drug the knife on her left arm.

"Stop" I yelled trying to get free. Her screams sent waves of anger through my body. "I'm going to kill you" I said out of breath from trying to get loose.

"I'm glad we're on the same page now" he spoke through gritted teeth. I glanced over at Em; to see her crying in pain. "Come untie him, bring him with me" I shook my head as they were headed in my direction.

"No, please stop" Em screamed. I tried to escape their grasp but failed to do so. "Archer" she yelled even louder.

"I love you Em" I yelled as they dragged me out of the room. As we walked down the hall; I could hear her screams.

A/n this is getting intense but there's so much more to come.