~06~

Emerson POV
Friday
The last bell of the school day rang. When class was over I ran straight to my locker, hoping to avoid Annie. I was still upset about the whole thing from yesterday. "Hey,Em" her voice echoed in my ears.

I paid no attention to her, I just hurried and grabbed my books. I shut my locker coming face to face with her. There was sorrow in her eyes, it hurt me to see her like that so, I had to turn away.

She called after me, I could hear the tears in her voice. I ignored her as I made my way to Never Tap Out. The whole way there, my heart felt empty. I missed talking to my best friend, yet I had nothing to say.

I arrived in front of the building around four thirty-five. I stepped in the door feeling anxious. My thumbs started tucking into the palms of my hands.

"Hey" a tired out of breath voice said in front of me. I smiled to hide my nervousness. "Are you ready for your first lesson" he lightly punched my shoulder.

"Well I showed up" I joked. He laughed as we walked towards the back of the gym. "Wow" I said staring at the punching bags. The room was kind of dark yet, the light red stood out on the bags.

"If you think that's cool, have a look at this" when he turned on the lights, my eyes shifted to the huge ring in the middle of the room.

"Oh my God" my eyes widened. It was amazing, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. "So, this is where people fight" I said running my finger along the edge of the ring.

"Yeah, actually they do, I mean unless people don't make it" he said with a frown. My heart dropped to my stomach.

"What do you mean" I asked concerned. I was worried of the answer he was going to give.

"Like, some people don't have it in them to fight" my heart floated back to its original position. "But, don't worry I know you do" he smiled.

"Really, you think so" I questioned rubbing my arm. I stepped back as he got closer to me.

"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you" once again I trusted him and stepped closer. "These right here, are your weapons" he said grabbing my hands. My heart fluttered a bit as my breath hitched. "Don't destroy them" he looked at me seriously.

"I won't" I smiled, his hands still held mine as we stared at each other. I glanced at our hands as his throat cleared the silence in the room.

"Shall we start training" he let go of my hands. I stood clearing my thoughts before answering him.

"We shall" I smiled and followed him to the closes punching bag. He showed me some easy techniques before letting me have a swing. I watched him with every movement, his brown hair brought out his green eyes,I thought.

"Your turn" he said catching his breath. I walked over towards the swinging bag and steadied it. I through a few punches as hard as I could. "That's right, now through a few kicks" he yelled. I kicked it a few times as he cheered me on. "Now use your knee" he yelled again.

I was going vigorously at this punching bag as if it were a person. In my mind I imagined a few people standing there. He started to clap so I stopped once again steadying the bag.

"Wow, you are so good" I smiled while catching my breath. "I honestly think you were meant to do this" he stepped towards me.

"Really" I said breathlessly. Both of our sweaty bodies hugged as I started to laugh.

"Yes, I think you were.." his mind going blank as if he forgot something. "Wait, I never got your name" he laughed.

"Oh, I'm Emerson but, you can call me Em" he shook my hand smiling at me. I smiled back before he introduced himself.

"Well Em, I'm Archer, but you can call me Arch" he smirked at me. I laughed it off as I grabbed my stuff and left.

Okay guys what do you think so far.... 🦄😂