~21~

Archer's POV
Thursday
My phone was buzzing loudly next to me. I sat up and read the name on the screen. I was shocked to see that it was the hospital. "Hello" I said groggily.

"Mr. Haze" I hummed into the phone. "We need to speak with you about your mother" she spoke softly.

"Is everything okay?" I asked concerned trying to find my pants. "Is she alright?" I said slipping on my shirt.

"I'm not eligible to say" I hung up the phone then grabbed my keys and got in the car. I drove with the radio on a low volume until I arrived at the hospital.

"Sir, can I help you?" A brunette asked at the front desk. We exchanged glances for a minute.

"My Mom, uh Mrs.Haze" she asked for my ID, so I politely showed her it. She smiled and told me the room she was in.

I mumbled the numbers under my breath until I reached room 203. I knocked lightly on the door as I pushed it opened. "Archie" my mom smiled.

"Hey, is everything alright?" She nodded her head then tried to reach for her water. "Here" I said handing a clear plastic cold cup of water to her.

"I'm getting better" she said swallowing her sip of water. I smiled with hope in my heart that she would make it. "Don't worry ill be out of her in no time" she chuckled, I laughed along with her.

"Mr. Haze, may I speak with you in the hall?" A short blonde nurse asked me. I kissed my moms hand before going out into the hallway. "Your Mom seems to be doing a little better this morning" she smiled checking her clipboard.

"Yeah, she was telling me that" I nodded my head. She scanned over the paper, I watched as her eyes went big. "Is there something wrong?" I asked concerned.

"No sir, we just need to do a few more scans" she lifted the first sheet of paper while reading the one under it. "That will decide if she can go home" I bit my lip and nodded my head.

"Alright thanks" I said as she smiled and walked away. "I'm back" I stepped back into the room to sit in the chair next to my mom.

"What did she say?" My mom's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I exhaled with a small sigh.

"They have to do a few more scans, they will determine if you can go home or not" her gaze moved from me to the end of her hospital bed.

"How is Em doing?" She said with a burst of excitement. I shook my head and laughed.

"She's good" the thought had occurred to me that she was still asleep in my bed. "Could you hold that thought?" I said standing from my seat. I walked out to the hallway while pulling my phone out of my pocket. I clicked her name in my phone and held it to my ear.

"Hello" a tired yawn from Em came from the other side of the phone. I just smiled at how cute she sounded.

"Hey, sorry to wake you, but I'm at the hospital with my mom" I said slowly, there was noice on the other line.

"Is she okay?" Em's voice sounded panicked. I laughed a tad bit before telling her that she was fine.

"Yeah, she's fine" she exhaled in relief. "I was calling to see if you wanted to come up and visit?" I looked around the hospital waiting for her answer.

"Yes of course, I'll have Annie drop me off" I could hear her smile through the phone. We exchanged 'I love you's' before ending the call.

(One hour later)
I waited by the front entrance for Em to arrive. Annie pulled up in front of the Building and let Em out. "I'm so sorry, it took so long" she said quickly as she came through the door.

"It's no problem, what are those?" I said pointing to the different flowers in her hand.

"These are for your mom" she smiled. I returned the smile as we walked to her room. "Do you think she will like them?" She asked a bit nervous.

"Yes, she loves flowers, trust me" I opened the door to her room, seeing a wide smile spread across her face.

"Hello Em, how are you?" My mother smiled widely over to Em. I love that they get along.

"I'm great, how are you doing?" My mom nodded her head with a small smile. "Oh, these are for you" Em handed my mother the vase of flowers.

"Oh, these are lovely, thank you" she smelled them as best as she could. "I love the colors" she lightly touched a petal.

"You're very welcome" Em smiled widely. "The Peony stands for good health and the Gladiolus stands for strength" my mothers hand fell to her chest in awe.

"You did not have to do that, but thank you" my mother set the vase on the table next to her then reached out for a hug. They hugged and we chatted for awhile before my moms scan testing.

"Your mother is so lovely" Em said wrapping her arms around my upper neck. I leaned my head down and kissed her then pressed our foreheads together.

We decided to get some breakfast, so we drove to the nearest food place. Life was so good to me right now, I have my girl and my mom is doing better, I don't want this to ever end.

A/n awe how sweet of Em to do that for her🦄😂