~32~

Emerson's POV
Sunday
"Yes, I'll be home soon" I said quietly in the bathroom. "Well tell Mom not to worry, I'm fine" I sighed. "Love you too" I stood up from the edge of the bathtub. I quietly opened the door; trying not to wake Archer.

"If you're trying to be quite, it's not working" he groaned. I laughed as I walked back to the side of the bed I slept on.

"Sorry, my parents are just worried about me" he turned over to face me. He placed a small kiss to my lips before smiling.

"Tell them not to worry, you're in good hands" We both let a laugh escape our lips. "What should we do today?" Archer said sitting up; pressing his back against his wall.

"Well we could, lay in bed all day" I moved from my position to straddle Archers legs. "Or you could help me study for my exams" he rolled his eyes at the idea.

"I'm hungry" Archer stated. "Let's get some food first" we both got ready before getting in the car.

"Where are we going?" I said buckling up. Archer smiled as he pulled out of the driveway. The whole way there was mostly silent, every so often one of us would mumble something.

"What can I get for you?" An older lady said as we took our seats. I grabbed a menu off the table checking to see what they had.

"Can I get a coffee please ma'am" Archer spoke up. She looked at Archer with a smile.

"Yes Archer you may, what will this young lady have?" She said with her cheeks a rosie color.

"I'll have the same" I smiled in her direction. She wrote down the two coffees and walked off with a smile. "She's nice" I said with a giggle.

"Yeah, I've known Mary since I was a kid" Archer said as he looked at the menu. "My Mom and I use to come here every Sunday" he grinned.

"It must be good food" we both started laughing. I stared back down at the menu; looking for something good.

"Here's two coffees" Mary slowly sat them down. "Have you decided on what you want?" Archer nodded his head.

"Three pancakes, two eggs scrambled well, and a side of bacon please" Mary nodded her head with a smile.

"I'll have some French toast, two eggs scrambled well, and a hash brown please" Mary collected the menus.

As we waited for our food; I snapped a picture of Archer when he wasn't paying attention. I then saved it as my lock screen. We made small talk before our food was delivered to us.

"This is the best French toast I've ever had" I said in amazement. Archer laughed almost choking on his pancakes. "It is" my eyes widened at the delicious heaven in front of me.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it" I made little squeaking noises as a response. We both finished our food with a little more small talk. "Have a wonderful day Mary" Archer smiled and waved in her direction.

"You too, same for you young lady" I flashed her a small smile as we walked out the door.

"So where to next?" I questioned Archer as soon as we got in his mustang.

"I have an idea" he slipped on his black sunglasses. "Buckle up" I did as he said. I closed my eyes and pressed my head to the window, waiting for the car to stop.

When I opened my eyes, there was a bright sandy beach in front of me. "Where are we?" I was so confused but happy at the same time.

"The beach" Archer said with sarcasm in his voice. I unbuckled my seatbelt with a laugh. As I stepped out of the car, the smell of the salty ocean invaded my nostrils.

"Why are we at the beach?" I used my hand to shade my eyes from the sunlight.

"We both earned a break from our stressful lives" I shrugged my shoulders. A thought occurred that he wasn't wrong.

"I don't have a bathing suit" he walked over to my side of the car. With no hesitation he pulled my shirt off. I covered my chest as soon as I felt the breeze.

"Now you do" he said with a smirk. I stared at him with a look of content. "Are you coming?" He held out his hand for me to take.

"Why the hell not" I grabbed his hand. He lead me all the way down to the shore line. "It's a bit cold"  my body started to warm up as his arms wrapped around me.

"You'll warm up to it" he ran off into the ocean; splashing me in the process. I stood with my arms crossed. "The longer you stand there, the colder you'll get" he was right, again.

"It's not that bad" I said getting level with him. He had a evil smirk on his face. "You didn't?" His laughter filled my ears. "You're so gross" I splashed him.

"Well if I'm gross, you're nasty" he splashed me back. I couldn't believe he was being so childish.

"I am not" I splashed him two more times. He slowly wiped the water out of his eyes. "You're immature" with one swift motion; he picked me up and through me under water.

"I know I am" I heard him say as I was trying to catch my breath. "Hey" he said shielding me from hitting him again. Somehow we both ended up laughing at what happened.

"Thanks for bringing me here" I said cutting the laughter short. "I did need a stress reliever" he nodded his head.

"We both did" I shivered at the breeze that lightly touched my damp skin. "Come here" he held out his arms for me.

"Archer" he hummed in response. "Do you think we will be together forever?" I asked as I pulled apart from him. He looked down at me, then pulled us back together.

"We can be whatever you want us to be, but nothing last forever" for the third time today; Archer was right. I wish that moment had lasted forever, but like Archer said nothing last forever.

A/n there has been so many action chapters here lately, I felt we needed a calm laid back one. I don't know if that quote is somebody else quote, but I do love it. 🖤