~24~

Emerson
Tuesday
"I'm so sorry Arch" I said with my arms around Archers neck; sat up against the cabinet doors.

"I have no one" his head hung in sadness. My heart broke in half to hear him say that.

"You have me" I said in almost a whisper. He looked up at me and smiled. His left hand grabbed my arm; his head laid on my shoulder. I kissed the top of his head.

"Can you get me another one?" He said looking at the empty beer bottle in his hand.

"I don't think.." he stood up from his position and went over to the fridge. "How many have you had?" He cracked it open then took a sip.

"I don't know, I lost count after three" he burped. I stood up, wiping off my hands on to my pants. "Where ya going?" Archer moved over towards me.

"I need to go to the lady's room" I went to move but Archers hands were keeping me still. "Arch, I have to pee" I said trying to move.

"Just a second" he pushed me against the counter. He sat his beer on the counter then started kissing my neck.

"Arch" I pushed his hands off me. He backed away. "I'm sorry" I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"No it's my fault" he shook his head. "Uh, go ahead" I walked towards the bathroom slowly.

I shut the door and lent against it. I could hear Archer throwing things around in anger. My back slowly slid down the door as tears came pouring out of my eyes. I heard a door slam shut.

"Arch?" I yelled leaving the bathroom. I could see from the dining room window that he was outside. "Archer, don't you dare get in that car" I yelled as soon as I got outside. I stood there waiting for him to turn around.

"Why not?" he turned with anger on his face. I crossed my arms over my chest and exhaled.

"Because I said so" he rolled his eyes then grabbed the handle of the door. "Archer, stop" I pointed my finger at him.

"No Emerson, I'm leaving you" he yelled. "No one cares about me" I stepped closer to him.

"Just come inside" I begged with tears in my eyes. "I care about you Arch" I stepped even closer.

"Well stop" he got in the car and slammed the door. I ran over to the car as he started the engine. I tried pulling the handle but it wouldn't budge. "Move" he said rolling down the window.

"No, just come inside" I wiped a few tears away. "We can talk about this" I suggested. He starred at the stirring wheel; gripping it tightly. "Please Arch, I love and care about you" he turned off the car. As soon as he stepped out I hugged him.

We both went inside and sat on the couch. "The funeral is on Friday" archer said with no expression. "You can come if you'd like" he glanced over to me.

"Of course I am" I grabbed his hand. "Arch, why do you think no one cares about you?" I was curious to know why he felt this way.

"Because no one does" his grip on my hand tightened. "When I was younger, my dad left my mom and I" he released my hand. "He never cared about me" he glanced at me with anger.

"I'm sorry" a few tears streamed down my face. He stood up and shook his head.

"I don't need your pity" he spat in my direction. I could see the sadness in his eyes. "All my life no one cared about me, I don't need your pity now" a tear fell to his cheeks.

"What do you want me to do Arch?" I stood to my feet with anger in my voice.

"I want you to stop caring about me" he yelled with hurt in his voice. "Just leave me alone" he huffed out in one breath.

"Is that what you want?" I blinked a few tears away. He starred at me blankly. "If that's what you want, then I'll go" I started walking to the front door.

"I don't know what I want" he whispered. "I hate this feeling Em" I spun around to see him in tears.

"It's okay" I said hugging him. He hugged me tightly. "I'm not leaving you Arch, I love you" I kissed him softly.

"I love you too Em" he pulled me tighter against him. We sat down on the couch, and talked about the funeral for the rest of the night.

A/n thank you so much for reading. 🦄😂