~03~

Emerson POV
Wednesday
When I got to my house last night, I curled up on the couch and waited for my parents to get home. When they both did I explained what happened as they freaked out.

It was the next morning, and I was sat at my dinning room table speaking with a cop about the incident. "So what did he look like" the middle aged cop asked.

"I never saw his face...he was wearing a black mask,and his breath was putrid" I said tucking my thumbs into the palms of my hands.

"Was he short or tall" the man asked as he wrote down my other description. I tried to remember what I could about the man, but it was hard considering I was terrified in that moment.

"He was average...kind of round in the stomach" I say as I remember some details of the man.

"Alright,and by the tone of his voice, how old do you think he was" I could feel his eyes on me as I played with the sleeves of my shirt.

"Late forties, early fifties...maybe" I say keeping my stare to the ground. I could hear the pen writing along the paper,as he wrote down more of my descriptions.

"Alright, that's all for now Miss. Kendall " he stood from the chair. "If you think of anything else then give me a call" he said shaking my hand. "Be safe" he warned.

"How safe" I questioned. He cleared his throat before answering my odd question.

"I would say take today off from school, but that's mostly for you to rest" he said smiling. I thanked him and went in the other room with my parents.

"Oh, sweet heart" my mother spoke with tears in her eyes. We hugged as my father rubbed my back.

"I'm fine" I whisper into her ear. "I'm safe" I say as we pull away from the hug. My parents smiled as they looked at me.

"I'm glad you are" my dad said pulling me in for a short hug. When we were done talking I walked up to my room.

My head was still trying to connect the dots to all of this. My thoughts were interrupted by the buzz of my phone. When I reached for it Annie's name appeared across the screen.

A- where are you
E- I'm at home, I will tell you later what's going on
A- Okay meet me at Scoops and Shakes after school
E- only if you're buying
A- I bought last time
A- oh no Mr. Thompson is looking I have to go, see you later

After our little text conversation ended I decided to sleep some more. I grabbed my soft pink blanket and threw it over me. As soon as I was warm I fell asleep.

(4 hours later)
When my eyes fluttered open, I could see my clock on my night stand. The clock read one- thirty, meaning I was asleep for like four hours. I decided to get out of bed when my stomach growled.

"Mom, dad" I yelled through the house. There was no reply to my call for them, so I had guest they had gone to work. I went to the kitchen to find some sort of food to eat. When I opened the fridge I saw some left over spaghetti from the other night.

I made a bowl and stuck it into the microwave. While it was still heating up I went to the living room to find something on t.v. The microwave sounded as I stopped on the kids show, SpongeBob.

I grabbed my food, then returned to the living room with it. I sat on our dark brown couch as I laughed to my favorite show.

About an hour of the show, I decided to take a shower. So I took my dirty dishes to the sink and walked upstairs to get ready for a shower.

"Shut up" I could hear in the back of my head. "Do you understand" I continued to hear the mans voice shouting at me. A single tear fell to my left cheek as I stood in the shower.

When I was done with the bathroom I went to my room. I through on some clothes that I would look presentable in but also something comfortable. I grabbed my phone and my over the shoulder purse as I walked out the door.

I locked the door behind me before walking to Scoops and Shakes. Which is our local ice cream parlor. After twenty minutes of speed walking I made it to my destination.

"Hey" Annie said smiling at me as I walked in the door. I returned the smile and took a seat at the counter. Annie worked here, so it was casually our hangout spot.

"I will have a medium birthday cake ice cream, please" I said to Annie as she had already put it on the counter in front of me. "Thanks, this is well needed" I said shoving a spoonful in my mouth.

"So, tell me what happened" Annie said leaning over the counter. I swallowed a bite of ice cream before replying to her.

"Can you take a break" I said not wanting her to have to work while we talk. We sat in a booth close to the door I came in. I told her everything that happened till this morning.

"Wow, I can't believe that happened" she said putting her hand on top of mine. "Are you okay" she asked looking concern.

"I will survive" I said rolling my eyes. We laughed until my phone buzzed. It was a text from my mom asking where I was. I responded, letting her know that I was okay.

I stayed at Scoops and Shakes until Annie's shift ended. Then I went to her house to help her with her biology homework.

Do you think the man will effect Emerson's life. Leave a comment letting me know what you think.🦄😂