~25~

Emerson POV
Friday
The days leading up to Archers mom's funeral were very sad and productive. Today was the day we had to bury her, and Archer wasn't ready to. "Should I wear the black or red tie?" Arch said holding up the two ties.

"I think the black one looks nice" I said turning towards him. "You know that the funeral isn't for another two hours?" He sat down on the bed next to me.

"I know, I just want to be prepared" he sighed. I laid my head on his shoulder. "I'll never be prepared for this" he fell backwards on his bed.

"No one ever is" I straddled his legs. He sighed once again and sat up. "She was an amazing woman, who made an amazing son" I smiled.

"Amazing is an understatement" he laughed. I shook my head then lightly pressed a kiss to his lips.

"We should do something fun before hand" I said climbing off him. "Like go see a movie or get ice cream" I suggested.

"We could train some more?" I nodded my head to his suggestion. "I mean if you want?" I stood up pulling him along with me.

We put our shoes on as we headed out the door. It was a silent drive all the way there.

(At Never Tap Out)
"Let's go over the stuff I've shown you" Archer said slinging his jacket to the floor. I nodded my head, I then walked over to my locker to grab my boxing gloves.

We went over everything he had already shown me several times. He began to show me something new, when a familiar mans voice entered the room. "Archie" Mark called out.

"Hey Mark" Arch said in a soft tone. "You remember Em?" Mark looked over at me with his green eyes.

"Yes, who could forget such a beautiful face?" I laughed. Archer stepped a bit closer to me. "How are you Em?" Mark said waving around a half smoked cigar.

"I'm good I guess" I said with a half smile. "How are you?" He laughed with a hardy laugh.

"I'm glad to be alive" he smiled widely. He puffed on his cigar before realizing what he said. "Archie, I'm sorry to hear about your mother" he pulled Arch into a hug.

"Thanks Mark, her funeral is actually today" Archer looked down at his feet. "You should be there" Arch stated.

"Of course Archie, you know you're like a son to me" my heart melted after hearing that.

"Once again, thanks Mark" Archer patted him on his shoulder. "We should really get going or will be late" Arch said looking at his phone.

After getting back to Archers place we took a shower. Then both of us got ready for the funeral. An hour later we got in the car to leave.

(At the funeral)
When arriving we were greeted by most of Archers family. The place was set up very nice like. There were all kinds of flowers every where. "Hey Em" Annie's quite voice said from behind me.

"Hey" I said giving her a small hug. "Thank you so much for being here" I said with a smile.

"It's no big deal" she nodded her head. "I did bring another person along with though" my eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Mom" I said with shock on my face. She hugged me as tightly as she could. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you" She hugged me tighter.

"It's fine honey, I forgive you" she whispered with tears in her eyes. We chatted amongst ourselves for a while; before someone stepped up to the podium.

"Excuse me, may I have your attention?" Everyone turned to face him. "We are gathered here today with the Hayze family to say goodbye to a beloved mother, friend, and sister" I felt Archers warm hand grab mine with a tight grip. "Anna Beth Grace Hayze, will be remembered for so many amazing things today" everyone's head was bowed. "She has asked her son Archer to deliver her eulogy" Arch kissed the top of my head then walked to the podium.

"Uh hi" he said awkwardly pulling out a crumbled piece of paper. "I wish we were meeting on a more happier occasion" I could see him swallow hard. "My mother was a strong, beautiful, and independent women, who was loved very much so" a single tear slipped down my cheek. "When I was eight, my dad left my Mom and I" Archers eyes were tearing up. "I had a really tough time at school after he left, but I could only imagine what my mother was going through" he looked over to her casket. "She didn't deserve to die at such a young age, she deserved more time than anyone else I know" his voice cracked at the end. "Yet, I'm so grateful to have her as my mother, she made me the man I am today" he sniffled. "Even though she isn't here in person, I know that she is here in spirit" he smiled. "I love you Mom" tears ran down my face as Archer stepped down from the podium.

"Arch" I whispered. He glanced at me then turned to walk away. I got up from my chair and followed behind him.

"She's gone Em" he said with tears all over the place. I pulled him in for a tight hug.

"It's okay Arch" I cried into his shoulder. "I promise you it will all be okay" I whispered.

"Promise me you'll never leave me" Arch said pulling away from the hug. I kissed him passionately.

"I promise" I kissed him once more. "I love you Arch" I said pulling him into another hug.

"I love you more Em" he said pulling me even tighter against him. After we wiped away our tears, we went back to see everybody.

"You did a really good job Archie" a women with blonde hair said. She pulled Archer into a hug, leaving a kiss on his forehead.

"Thanks aunt Lori" he said with a sigh. She smiled then she walked away. "Is that your mother?" Arch said pointing over to my mom.

"Yeah, I'm gunna go say bye to her" I kissed him on his cheek. "I'll be right back" I walked over to my mom and Annie. "Thank you both so much for coming" I said pulling them into a light hug.

"You're welcome sweetie" my mom said with a smile. "Send Archer my condolences" her face softened a bit.

"Yeah of course I will" I nodded my head. I talked to them a little before they both left. "Are you ready to go home?" I said swinging my arm around Arch.

"Yeah, in a minute" his hand laid on top of his mothers casket. "Do you mind staying another night?" He said keeping his gaze on the casket.

"I'll stay as long as you want" I whispered. He turned back to me with a small smile. After a long day I was ready to relax finally. When we got back to Archers place we both fell asleep in his bed.

A/n well Mrs. Hayze is in no more pain, I hope you guys love the story. 😇