~12~

Emerson's POV
Friday
"Emerson Jane Kendall, get down here" my mothers voice yelled from downstairs. I got up from my bed, in a groggy state of mind and slowly walked down the stairs.

"Yeah" I said cleaning the sleepy out of my eyes. I yawned before my mom could answer.

"Why did you lie to your father and I" I shook my head to wake up a bit. Wait a minute I lied, which time, which lie. I sarcastically said to myself.

"What are you talking about" I pretended not to know a thing. My mom looked really angry, but my father looked somewhat upset.

"Im talking about the other night, you didn't go to dance did you?" She crossed her arms. Her face looked like a thermometer and the red kept rising. "Don't you lie again missy" she shouted.

"No" I said in a whisper. She picked up a glass off the coffee table and slung it at the wall. My father stood from his chair to calm my mother down.

"Why are you so ungrateful" my mother cried as she sat on the couch. Tears formed in my eyes blurring my vision.

"I'm ungrateful, maybe you should be home more to get to know me" I yelled from a standing position. I ignored what my parents said and ran to my room. I packed a bag and left to go to Annie's.

(At Annie's)
"She said I was ungrateful" I cried on Annie's shoulder. She rubbed my back and wiped my tears like a good best friend would.

"Don't listen to her" she cooed. "She's jealous of you" I looked Annie in her eyes.

"Why" I said with a scratchy voice. She shook her head hugging me tighter. I didn't understand why I have to do what my mother did. She loves it more than I do, she loves it more than she loves me. My eyes poured like waterfalls at that thought.

My phone rang in my bag, I wanted to ignore it but my heart said I couldn't. Archers name appeared on my screen, but I couldn't answer. My phone stopped ringing but started up again. I cleared my throat and answered.

"Hey" I said my voice still weak and dry. I wiped a few tears out of my eyes and sniffled.

"Is everything okay, Em" I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "Are you okay" once again my head shaking.

"No" I cried letting the tears roll like a river. "I'm not okay" I said letting more fall from my eyes.

"What's wrong, baby tell me" my heart smiled when he said baby. But, my eyes still cried.

"It's nothing" I sniffled again, trying to stop crying, but I failed and started crying harder.

"Where are you" his concerned voice said. "I'm on my way" I heard a car door slam shut.

"I'm at my friends house" I could hear the car start. Annie's face was curious with who I was speaking with.

"Can you text me the address" I nodded my head yes. I hung up handing the phone to Annie, letting her text for me. He sent back saying he will be right there as fast as he could.

About thirty minutes went by when a car door slammed shut and the door bell rang."I'll get it" Annie said standing running for the door. "She's in here" Annie's whisper spoke in the hallway.

"Em, hey" Archers voice filled my ears. I looked up to see him walking towards me. He pulled me into him, his heart was beating fast against me. "It's okay" he said laying his head against mine.

"She said I was ungrateful" was all I could get out. He pulled away to look at me.

"Baby, who did" his left hand caressed my cheek, as his right held me tight against him.

"My mom" I choked out. He placed a kiss to my forehead then pulled me back to him.

"It's okay" he whispered into my ear. It soothed me a bit. "Everything is going to be okay" the heat of his breath sent chills through my body.

"Can I go with you" I whispered into his chest. He kissed the top of my head then pulled apart to look at me again.

"Where do you want to go" he questioned. I didn't care where, I just wanted to be with him.

"Anywhere, with you" he smiled, pulling me in for a kiss. My hand found his hand and they connected.

"Let's go" he whispered. A smile covered my face as I followed him out of the room.

(At Never Tap Out)
"You need to relive some anger" he said pulling up to Never Tap Out.  "I like to come here when I need to" he took my hand in his, his thumb caressed the back of my hand.

"It's more than that, my hearts broken" I said staring off out the windshield. He kissed my hand making me look at him.

"Anger follows after" he frowned. He looked like he had done this before. His stare fell to the steering wheel.

"How do you know" I said softly. I didn't want him to get mad at me for asking.

"That's a story for another time" he smiled like that moment didn't happen. I didn't want to dig up the past so I left it be. We went inside and I punched out my anger.

"Hey, can I..never mind" I said steading the punching bag. Archers face furrowed a bit.

"What is it" he asked a bit concerned. "You can ask me anything" he grabbed my hands bringing them to his chest.

"I was wondering, can I stay with you tonight" my eyes stayed focused on the ground.

"Sure, if you want" our bodies an inch apart. "I'm fine with it" he smiled putting his hands on my cheeks. He pulled me in for a gentle kiss that lasted a second.

Awe these two are so adorable...🦄😂