~14~

Emerson's POV
Monday
"Left" Archer yelled, my fist switched position. "Now jab with the knee" my knee started jabbing the punching bag. "Kick" my body followed the words he spoke.

It was Monday, and I yet to go back home. I've been staying with Archer all weekend, texting Annie here and there. My mom would bug her with the question of where I was, she would just say with her. I wasn't ready to see my mothers face again, but that's who I saw when I would throw punches and kicks.

"Did you hear me?" Archers voice spoke interrupting my thoughts. "I said go back to punching" I stood there out of breath just listening to him.

"When do I get to fight in the octagon?" I asked a little pissed off. He grabbed a water and handed it to me. "Thanks" I said before taking a sip.

"You can when you are trained enough" he stood watching me chug down the water. "You have only had a few training sessions" his hands fell to his hips.

"So, doesn't mean I'm not ready" I was somewhat upset about everything. "I believe I can do it" I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"I know you do, yet you need more training" I just grabbed my stuff and left, I was already late for dance.

I got to dance around seven thirty, with only fifteen minutes left. "Miss Kendall, you are late for the hundredth time" Mrs. Tucker shouted as I walked in.

"Yes I am, and is it a problem" I said a little to snarky like. The class gasped at my response as I put my shoes on.

"I will not have you talk to me like that"  Mrs. tucker grabbed my arm, pulling it to hard. I had punched her in the face before I could stop myself. I was instantly feeling sorry.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" I said feeling tears stream down my cheeks. The class gasped again waiting for Mrs. Tucker's response.

"Get out of here and never come back" she yelled, my heart fell to my stomach as well as my bag fell to the floor. I ran to the outside of the studio with tears every where.

"Em" Annie called, her arms wrapping around me tightly. "It's okay" she whispered, we both cried till dance let out. I left the dance grounds, walking the roads to some where that I didn't know as Annie called after me.

I wanted to be alone for sometime, yet I wanted someone there to. I walked for awhile before stopping in front of my house. I dreaded going in, but I knew I had to. When I stepped in the house, it was silent. No one was there, like always.

I slid down the door feeling my world crumble under my feet. I wondered what was next, and if anything could get worse. My phone rang inside my dance bag, which made the tile floor rattle. The light was to bright to look at. I hit the red button to hang it up, all I wanted was to be left alone.

Calls after calls, happened for about an hour before the door was opened. I sniffled and wiped a few tears away. "Emerson" my mothers voice called out.

"Go away" I chocked. My throat had been dry from crying, that it hurt to talk.

"I'm sorry" she said with her voice sounding weak. I hated hearing that every time something happened.

"You're sorry, step in line with everyone else" I said harshly. Her face tightened up some.

"Look I heard what happened tonight" her voice sounded calm. But what I was about to say, was going to piss her off.

"Did you know that I've been training for UFC, because I'm giving up dance" her face went from calm to angry in zero point two seconds.

"You're doing what?" She yelled, her finger pointing at me. "I can't believe you" her voice going up a few octave's.

"Do you know why?" I yelled back to her. "It's what you want me to do, I don't love dance like you" I said watching a tear roll down her face. "I quit, I'm doing what I want for a change" her anger dropped as she turned and left my room.

I turned over and cried, realizing I'm loosing everything. My mind, my mom, my life, I just wanted to be left alone forever. I laid there till I fell asleep, the whole night I couldn't sleep much.

(4:30 am)
My eyes opened to the sound of my phone ringing. I searched in the dark for a minute to find it. Archers name appeared across the screen.

"Hey baby" his soft, raspy, innocent voice said. "I miss you" my heart fluttered to hear he missed me.

"Why, no one else does" I said sadly. He cleared his throat through the phone.

"I'm not everyone else" he chuckled. I couldn't help but laugh. "See, there it is, that beautiful laugh of yours" he yawned.

"Maybe, you should go to sleep" I suggested. He whispered something that I couldn't understand. "What did you say?" I asked curiously.

"I can't sleep unless you're here" I smiled widely. "Come over please" he begged.

"At, four-thirty am" I checked the clock next to me. "I think I'll pass" I said jokingly but kind of serious.

"Okay, I'll be there soon" he said hanging up the phone. I sat my phone back on my night stand before covering back up. My phone rang again waking me up. "Where do you live" Archers tired voice asked.

"I'll send it to you" I hung up and sent him my location. Then turned back to fall asleep, but shortly after, I was woken up by knock on the door. I walked downstairs and let Arch in, then we curled up in my bed.

"I love you Em" he whispered. I smiled as he held me tighter against him.

"I love you too, arch" was the last thing I said before I fell asleep.

Aweeeee..🦄😂