~02~

Emerson POV
Tuesday
"Do you have my biology homework" Annie asked as we stood at our lockers. Which is a coincidence actually, that's how we first met. We have had the same lockers since the first year of high school. Since that day we have been best friends.

"Yeah, here" I said reaching into my bag. "So, how's the thing with Roman going" Roman is the guy Annie likes, and she has since last year.

"Well, considering he just got grounded, not so well" she said exhaling sadly. "What about you" she said trying to change the subject about her.

"What about me" I said putting my books inside my locker. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she leaned against her locker.

"I mean, what about you and guys" she sounded happy towards the end, like I had gossip about my life. "There has to be at least one guy in this prison of a school" she looked around the halls.

"You know I'm not ready for a relationship" I shut my locker. "I'm young, my education matters more" she slapped my arm playfully.

"You, Emerson Kendall...are no fun" we laughed as we walked to history together.

(After school)
"Bye" I said hugging Annie before leaving the school grounds. Today I was walking home from school because my parents both had work. I could take the bus, but I don't feel like dealing with idiots. I could have gotten a ride from Annie, but I kind of needed some time to thing to myself.

As I walked the road to my house I felt uneasy about something, like something was wrong. I don't understand how though considering my street was the safest one of all. So I continued down the road, until I felt a pair of arms grab me from behind.

"Ah" I screamed, my back hit what felt like a brick wall. I could see a guy with his face covered in some sort of black material. "W-What do you want from me" I said my voice shaking a bit.

"Shut up" he yelled. His voice sounding husky and his breath was rancid. "Do as I say, you understand" he said jabbing something hard to my ribs, my guess was a gun. "Do you understand" he yelled a little louder this time.

"Yes.. I understand" I said as tears pour from my eyes. He looked left and right watching for people to appear.

"Hey, let go of her" a man to my right yelled. The man in the mask watched as the guy ran toward us. Without a second to spare I kneed the guy in the stomach watching as he fell to his knees. Throwing a right handed punch to the side of his face, he fell on his back to the ground.

What was I doing, how was I doing it? I questioned mentally. I didn't know how to fight, where was this coming from? The man finally made his way to us he put both hands on my shoulders, questioning me.

"Ma'am are you alright" he said looking worried. I didn't even know my own name in that moment. "Miss" he said again.

"I..I have to go" I said coming back to reality. I tried to leave but the man wouldn't let me go. "Please I have to go" I tried shaking out of his grasp. The man with the mask ran off when he had the chance. Every so often taking a glance at me.

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you" he said pulling me into a warm hug. I believed this man I didn't even know. I believed he wasn't going to hurt me.

We sat on the curb for what felt like an hour, but only was fifteen minutes. "Are you okay now" he asked as we stood up.

"I don't even know" I said staring off into the street. "How can I be okay" I said glancing over to him.

"Knowing you fought back" he said smiling a bit. "Most girls wouldn't have the courage to" I looked down at my shoes.

"I didn't even know I had that in me" I said looking at him. I noticed he had a lip piecing on the right side of his bottom lip. His black hair bringing out the blue in his eyes.

"Well, you should come visit me sometime and I can teach you a few moves" he said clearing his throat a bit.

"Are you crazy" I said shocked to what he just purposed. "I'm a girl, girls don't fight" I crossed my arms with anger.

"Actually, a lot of girls do" he smiled. "Well if you change your mind the place is called Never Tap Out" he said as I smiled and walked away.

What do you think so far. I'm in love with lol 🦄😂