starry night

You were doing your final rounds around the camp before switching shifts, tucking your gun into your waistband of your jeans

Bellamy was walking around the walls, his hands shoved deep in his pockets. You went up behind him, your shoulder brushing against his.

"What are you still doing up?" you asked. "We sent you to bed hours ago."

He shrugged. "Can't sleep, nice night."

He suddenly took your hand, his eyes meeting yours. "Can I take you somewhere?"

"If this is your way of asking me on a date then my answer is yes." You smiled, intertwining your fingers.

He slipped through a hole in the gate, pulling you through it. You held his hand in yours as you followed him through the woods, your fingers lingering on your gun.

With all the grounders running around outside the camp trying to kill everyone, you were a bit wary of where Bellamy was taking you.

Finally, he got to a large opening overlooking a large pond. It was beautiful.

"Wow." You dropped his hand, walking closer to the water.

There was a small cliff overlooking the water, the moon shining onto the water, the stars settling in the night sky.

The moon was bright enough for you to see Bellamy's face, his brown eyes scrunched with a smile.

"It's beautiful, Bell." You said, sitting on the edge, your boots touching the top of the water.

He leaned closer to you, reaching over and taking your hand, his fingers intertwining with yours.

"Why do you come out here?" You asked him.

He shrugged. "To think, relieve stress. It's so beautiful out here."

"It really is," you smiled, resting your head against his shoulder. "Why did you bring me out here?"

He turned and looked at you, his face only inches from yours. "Because I wanted you to see it."

You were confused. This was a special place for Bellamy. Bringing you out here made him vulnerable and Bellamy was never vulnerable. 

You looked up at him, your fingers going for his face. You leaned up, pressing your lips against his.

He kissed back, his fingers pressing into the side of your neck. He smiled as you pulled back, your thumbs swiping across his soft skin.

He pulled back, his forehead pressing against yours as his soft brown eyes looked into yours. His arm wrapped around your shoulder as you snuggled into his chest, looking at the stars.