commander

"Please don't do this, Jaha, please," you begged as they strapped you into a Dropship

"Please don't do this, Jaha, please," you begged as they strapped you into a Dropship. "Please, I'm going to die down there."

"You're going to die up here or down there."

He pressed the button that sent you down to Earth. Your ship hit the ground with a loud thud. You were knocked unconscious on the way down, waking up when the doors were thrown open, a knife pressed against your throat.

"Wait, wait." You said, trying to get up.

"Who are you?" They asked.

"They sent me down here, I-I didn't know it was safe down here-"

They pulled you out. "We're taking you to our commander."

2 and a half years later

A new Dropship came down today. You were the Commander of Trikru, leader of all 12 clans.

After a few months at war, you finally caught the leaders of the Skaikru. You were either going to kill them or make them the 13th clan, whichever came first.

You went down to the jail where they were holding one of the leaders. You stepped in front of the gate, everyone bowing down to you.

"You're the one they call Bellamy?"

He looked up at you, his eyes meeting yours. "Y/n?"

"You may address me as Heda," you said to him. "Bring him to my chambers."

Once they had them in your room, you smiled at him. "I want to know what your intentions are with the Earth."

He looked at you, anger in his eyes. "Y/n, how the hell did you get down here? I haven't seen you since-"

"Since what?" you scoffed. "Since your mother reported me for being pregnant and almost had me floated?"

"Y/n-"

"Take the chains off, get him a meal," you said, turning around. "Looks like we're going to be here for a while."

***

"I'm sorry that my mother did that," Bellamy said after an hour of fussing with him. "I tried to stop her."

"Yeah, well it doesn't matter anyways."

Bellamy hesitated. "The baby?"

"Lost it when the Dropship hit the ground."

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever, Blake," you said, turning around. "How'd you get down here?"

"Octavia."

"They found her?"

He nodded. 

"I'm sorry."

"How did you become Commander down here?" He asked you.

"After I got down here, I made friends with the Grounders. I got closer to their Commander, Lexa, she gave me everything I needed and helped me survive," you explained, grabbing a cloth from the bowl of water. "After she died, her spirit chose me as her next commander."

"I thought the following commander had to be a Nightblood?"

"The Flame chooses the next Nightblood but the Flame was destroyed and her spirit chose me."

"Skaikru leader?"

"What about you, Bellamy Blake?" you said, wiping the blood off his face gently. "How did you get down to Earth?"

"Got on the Dropship for Octavia," he said, his eyes looking into yours. "You're different, y/n."

"Had to change who I am to lead these people," you said, your fingers brushing his face softly. "Who I was on the Ark and who I am now are two different people."

His fingers went to your face, his thumb brushing against your cheekbone. "You're still her."

You pulled away, standing up. "I brought you here to make a deal with you. I want to make Skaikru the 13th clan."

"You want us to join you?" He said defensively.

"You make it sound like a bad thing?"

"You killed 32 of my people without thinking." He scoffed, standing up.

You turned your back to him, rolling your eyes. "That was Azgeda, don't get it twisted, Blake."

He shook his head. "Clarke's the leader, I'm not."

"Another lie," you said to him, your anger getting the best of you. "You think you're going to stay down here with everlasting peace, but no, things are always going to go your way, Bellamy."

 "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, standing up too.

"You're going to let Azgeda kill all of Skaikru without thinking about it twice," you said, taking a step closer. "Just like you let them guards take me away without even trying to stop them."

"Y/n, I could either have fought for you and got myself arrested or I could be there for Octavia."

"Yeah, I understand," you said, turning away. "Consider yourself the 13th clan, unlike you, I keep the ones I love safe."

"I wanted to fight for you," he said, grabbing your arm. "If I would have gotten floated, Octavia would have been floated when she was 18, I did what I had to."

"Did you even care what happened to me?"

"I shot Jaha to get down here, I did what I had to do to protect my sister."

"You're not on some high horse because you do-"

He grabbed your face, pressing his lips against yours. You instinctively kissed back, your fingers gripping his shirt tighter.

"I shouldn't have let them arrest you, I'm sorry." He said, kissing your lips again.

"I lost my baby because of them." You said, tears rolling down your cheeks.

"I did too." He said before pulling you closer to him, his arms wrapping around you and holding you tightly.