don't leave

You sighed deeply, falling on your side beside Bellamy

A thin sheen of sweat covered your body, your chest rising and falling. You and Bellamy were what people called friends with benefits.

Finally being safe gave you opportunities that you otherwise wouldn't have. Growing food, establishing jobs, finding a boyfriend.

When you and Bellamy first slept together, you made him promise that this would only friends. Nothing more. You were the one that could keep it from becoming personal.

You quickly got off the bed, grabbing your clothes from the floor. You pulled your shirt over your head, pulling your pants on before reaching for your shoes.

"Wait," Bellamy said to you. "Don't leave."

"Bellamy, you know how this goes-"

"C'mon, can't you put aside whatever thing you think you have to do and just stay here with me for a while?"

"No, I can't," she said. "I told you how this would go."

"Maybe you should rethink it," he said to you. "Look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel the same."

You looked up, your eyes pouring into his. "I don't love you, Bellamy."

You started to turn around but he reached over, grabbing your hand and spinning you around. "You're lying."

Tears were in his eyes as you slowly pulled your hand from his. "Sorry, Bellamy."

3 weeks later

You watched as they pressed their knife against Bellamy's throat, gripping the gun tighter in your hand.

"Let him go, please," Clarke asked the Azgeda warrior. "Without him, your people won't be safe."

"Y/n, do you have a shot?" Monty asked you.

"I'm not sure," you said, your fingers shaking. "The only way to kill him is through Bellamy's shoulder."

Clarke sighed. "Do it."

You took a deep breath, lining up your shot. You squeezed the trigger, shooting through Bellamy, the warrior falling on the ground, the other ones running.

You dropped your gun, running towards Bellamy. He stood up just as your body crashed into his, wrapping your arms around his neck, tears running down your cheeks. He lost his balance, falling onto the ground.

"I'm sorry," you cried to him. "I love you, Bellamy, I love you, I'm so sorry I did-"

He leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours, cutting you off. You kissed him back, your fingers gripping his shirt.

You pulled back, his brown eyes meeting yours. He smiled, brushing a piece of hair back from your face.

"I'm sorry I shot you." You said as he groaned, smiling at you.

"Without you, I'd be dead." He said, pressing his lips against your forehead.