"You were supposed to help me unload the boxes from the moving truck," Jace whined as he sat in the apartment that was barely furnished.

"I'm sorry, I got caught in the rain," I said.

"Give me a second, I'll run back down to get the boxes." and I did. It took me a couple of trips and Jace helped me with the last trip.

Finally, holding the last box in my hands, I went up to my apartment with Jace leading the way.

But before I could enter, the door behind me opened. I turned around, looking at her in all her beauty. I gave her a weak smile before opening the door.

She smiled back and I felt my world light up, but all of a sudden she spoke, "I assume you can speak?" She asked, a somewhat agitated expression painted over her face.

I stared at her. "Sorry?" My brows furrowed.

She flashed her phone to me, "You broke the screen." I pressed my lips into a line, trying not to laugh as I leaned against the door frame.

"When you bumped into me out there." She continued and I look at her, wanting to say something.

"The least you could've done was apologise." She let out and I couldn't help the chuckle that left my lips. She was adorable when she was all angry.

"I'm sorry." I apologised, feeling my cheeks go hot. "I'll pay for it." I finally meet her gaze.

"Forget it." She shook her head as she attempted to enter her apartment.

"Wait-" I blurted before she could enter. I guess I'm repeating history.

"I'm Archer Kane." I stuck out my hand, introducing myself to her once again. "The guy in there's Jace Parker. We just moved in." 

She sucks in a deep breath before saying, "Elreda," and then she wraps her tiny fingers around my palm. 

I wasn't ready to let go, so I keep her hand in mine, revelling in the feel of her soft skin and then she speaks. "Elreda Adair, but everyone calls me Red." She says and her eyes linger on our hands that were still holding each other.

"Welcome to the neighbourhood, I guess." She said and it was the second time I was hearing it.

As I watched her enter her apartment, I breathed out trying to calm every tense nerve in my body. "I'll get it right this time."

"Time is always represented to be a tyrant. But for this book, it's simply portrayed as a helper."

A/N: So, Archer managed to go back to the start, before he built the cabin in 1931 and before he met Elreda in the present. He's trying to undo his mistakes.
Trying to save her in both timelines.