Chapter 21

WRONG.

"I wanted to cook something for you," Archer tucks my head under his chin, pulling me close. "But I didn't know when you'd be back."

"This is perfect enough." I tipped my head back and smiled reassuringly at him. I was being honest, this was perfect. He had ordered takeout for the both of us and we've been watching a movie about a murderer who's an artist that owns a gallery and dedicates his art to his victims.

For some odd reason, it reminded me of Mr Caldwell's art gallery that we were invited to. "Oh," I peep, "when's Mr Caldwell's gallery?"

Archer looks down at me with a frown, "in a few months. How do you know about that?"

"He had invited the both of us to come and you accepted his invitation during your drunken stupor," I say and Archer narrows his eyes at me.

He gets agitated whenever I bring up that night up and remind him of how he acted.

"You have no idea how badly I want to remember what it was like to kiss you for the first time," he had said to me.

He tightens his hold on my waist, bringing me back to the present. "We don't have to go if you don't want to." He nuzzles his head in my neck, speaking against my skin which sent goosebumps crawling all over.

"No, it's fine. I'd like to go to an art gallery." I pull away and look into his greenish brown eyes. "As your date this time," I add and he smiles the sweetest smile in response. Before he could press his lips against mine, I speak. "By the way, how much did I miss?" I asked, referring to my class with him.

Thankfully, the majority of the classes I had missed was literature.

"Quite a bit, but it's okay." He quickly stated, trying his best not to get me worked up. "It just gives you more reasons to come over." He smirked slightly.

I chuckled, "Okay, after this," I point at our food, "we have to start on what I missed out on." I said and he pouts. 

"I wanted to watch a movie with you, there's this new movie that came out on Netflix." He said reaching for his remote.

"No," I smack his arm lightly and he slumped back onto the couch. "I don't want to be lost in class tomorrow," I said and he sighs.

"Fine." He goes a little quiet. I giggle, climbing on top of him, straddling his waist. As I lower myself on him, I feel him straining against his sweatpants, hard. I can feel just how my body on his affects him but he refuses to meet my gaze.

"Is this you throwing a tantrum?" I teased slightly and he kissed his teeth.

My arms slithered around his waist as I held him tight, "Thank you for this." I crane my neck to look at him. "I appreciate it. You made today easier." I whisper as I leaned in to kiss him on the cheek.

As I pulled away he grabbed my waist.

"I'll teach you, but after this." He waved his finger between the both of us as he leaned in.

"But I really-" And he cut me off with a kiss.

His lips moulded with mine as he brought me closer to him, our bodies flush against each other. I feel him nibble against my bottom lip and I let out a little gasp. His fingers traced the curves of my body while mine played with the strands of hair that laid perfectly on his head.