"I'll see you again." I smiled, tears dripping from my eyes as I watched her fade away with the cabin.

• • •

"JP!" I chimed as I dropped the wood from my hands and walked over to him. I dusted my hands together right before pulling him into a hug.

"What are you up to?" He asked, stuffing his hands into the pocket of his pants.

"Building a cabin." I smiled, giving him a nod and he paused for a second.

He smirked slightly, as he nodded back.

"I bet she'll love it," I said as I stared at the foundation of the cabin.

"She doesn't even know who you are yet." Jace chuckled.

"Lina doesn't know who you are yet either, didn't stop you from sculpting those sculptures." I chuckled and he nudged me slightly as our gaze landed back onto the cabin.

I took in a deep breath.

"It's going to work this time." I whispered to myself, staring at the unfinished cabin.

• • •

present

I pulled the red umbrella over my head, walking hastily to the new apartment. I glanced at my watch, "Shit." I cussed under my breath the moment I realised I was late.

I feel my phone buzz and I took it out of my pocket swiftly. I stared at it, my full attention focused on the message as I read it thoroughly and then I walk into something.

"Shit." The voice let out as she bent over. Taking this opportunity, I walk away, not wanting to cause further trouble.

"Hey!" I hear her shout out to me but I carried on walking.

I quickly entered my apartment complex and went up to my apartment.