Chapter 49: Each Sans Does A Little Better

ابدأ من البداية

"Oh, Doggy Sans, get off!" Papyrus pushed him away, getting mud all over his own finger bones. He tried to wipe them off. "Strangely, he acts a little different from my own Brother. The other 'me' too. Not quite right."

"Hm." Gaster glanced up and down at the messy dog. Considering what the Sans of his timeline felt for Frisk, it made sense his other self might too. Yet, that was an interesting observation to consider. This Sans did not seem to care that he caused hours of messy damage. Was it truly disbelieving it would ever come back so it would not matter? He strolled toward Papyrus and patted Pappy on his head. "Would you like a hamburger, or would you like a bacon flavored doggie bone?"

"Oh, yes! Doggy bone, doggy bone, doggy bone!" Pappy's tongue began to pant and slobber drooled down his mouth. Papyrus grabbed the dog and stood up, bringing it back down on the carpet. It rushed toward Herbert, playing figure eight around and between his legs. Herbert slapped his knee and snorted. Papyrus had been right. Dog instinct had grown over some of this Sans.

Another observation he would dig into later. Gaster drew his attention back toward Papyrus who was trying to clean his clothes off as best he could. "I can't stop the wish but I can delay it. That should bring more cheer to you, old friend."

Papyrus looked toward the front door, toward the couch and back toward Pappy, still trying to get the attention of Gaster. "I've tried talking to them. The other me, the one that was Krisp E. Cream doesn't want to speak much of it." He walked away down the hallway. "When I put her in a good enough mood to talk, she rarely wants anything but petted. Truly different. Same, yet so different. Funny." He stroked Frisk's answering machine. "Pappy will talk. He loves to talk, just like our Sans. Yet, he also clams up." He took his finger away from the answering machine. "I assumed they got caught in one of your more crazy inventions. But now, I am not so sure."

Oh. Herbert stroked his chin. There was something else on Papyrus' mind. "Yes, these pets are interesting, I admit that. We can look into it soon, but for now, why not be cheery that I can help? Delayed yes, but delayed is better than nothing."

"Yes, I'm sorry." Papyrus shrugged with his palms outward. "You are right, it's great news. How can you manipulate a wish though? A powerful one. I called you up out of desperation, but honestly? Gaster? Are you sure about being able to manipulate a wish?"

"Oh, absolutely." Herbert took a seat in a nearby chair and placed his hands behind his head. "I simply siphoned a little extra energy off of Prince Asriel." He watched Papyrus simply stare at him for a few seconds before he shot straight over toward him, his fingers clasped into tight fists.

"Are you kidding me?!" Papyrus grabbed Herbert by the collar. "What he just tried was risky enough, and you go and do that?" Papyrus crossed his arms, examining him like he was a child.

Herbert stomped his feet on the ground as he stood back up. "I know perfectly well what I am doing!"

"You." Papyrus waggled his finger toward him as he gestured to Doggy Sans. "You be the one to bathe him and watch for him. I am going down to make sure the prince is okay." He didn't even think Gaster had checked on him?

Well. He was right, he didn't, but obviously Prince Asriel was fine. Gaster knew exactly what he had been doing. He noticed Pappy had once again taken attention to him. "A bacon flavored biscuit . . . or Frisk?"

Pappy stopped and stared at him, tilting his head lightly. "Awww . . . aww . . . eee . . ." He looked towards the messy couch, to the carpet, and at Krisp E. as she strolled into the room. "Aw, okay." He licked his paws. "Set me up with a bath though. Can't see my queen on a groomer's day."

"If you shake," Krisp E. said as she walked by, "I will not forgive you, I mean it." She stopped to lick her paw across her head. "Just because you despise the groomer doesn't give you the right to dirty me again." She left toward the hallway, her tail waving in the process.