◽🔵↪ Jacie ↩🔵◽

When I walked outside, Dad was waiting for me in his black van. I hoped in next to him, and he started the car.

"Jacie, are you happy here?" he asks me.

I nod, "Yeah! Nico's really awesome, and Maria and Hades are really caring."

Dad nods, "Good, good. And your boyfriend?"

What's he building up towards?

I nod, "He's really sweet and a great listener! And a romantic. I'm gonna see him soon, actually."

Dad smiles, "I'm glad."

We drive in silence for a couple minutes.

"Dad," I start. "Why are we having this conversation?"

Dad keeps his eyes on the road, "Because you won't be coming back to your mom and I."

"What?" I ask. I mean, I love it here, but it's not yet my home home!

"You're mother and I thought long and hard about it. Jacie, we're family friends, Maria, Hades and us. You may have grown up under the name Corinth, but you're a di Angelo. There's just no helping that. And your mom and I. . . we've been having some disagreements lately. I'll explain that more to you later, but just know we both love you very much and wish you the best."

I felt like crying. No, I did cry.

I won't be going back home, for sure.

The di Angelos. They're officially my new family now.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?