➖✴➡ Nico ⬅✴➖

After giving Leo a good morning, I walked out with him tagging behind. Once in the dining room (which is right next to the living room), breakfast was already ready. It was just some eggs and warmed up sausage, but nonetheless it looked delicious.

I sat down next to Leo. Under the table, he grabbed my hand. Though, he was quiet--he's been quiet lately, since Jacie got here. I make a mental late to talk to him later.

Jacie is halfway through her eggs when Father comes down, smiling and saying hello to the family. He eats with us.

"So, Jacie," he begins. "How are you liking it here?"

"It's nice! I can't wait to decorate my room--Nico said he'd help."

He looks at me with an eyebrow raised. "What? I'm not gonna be rude." I grumble.

He smiles knowingly, "That's nice of you. Well, I'm off to work!"

"Where do you work?"

"A psych ward."

Jacie's smile hindered awkwardly.

"I know, but don't worry. I'm the manager, and I'm not crazy. And it's safe. I'll see you guys tonight, love you."

I waved, and Mama said she loved him back. Jacie gave an enthusiastic bye, that seemed somewhat childish.

Mama finished her food, and so did Leo--they both took care of their dishes, and then left. Even Leo. What's up with him lately?

"School is tomorrow!" Jacie smiled.

"Yeah." I said sarcastically.

"You don't like it there?"

"Heck no."

"Why?"

I sighed, "Reasons."

"Oh. Okay."

We sat in silence for a few moments.

"Do you wanna do my room now?"

She really is excited for that.

I let go of my negativity, "Sure. Just you and me?"

She nods.

"Okay, let's do this."