◽🔵↪ Jacie ↩🔵◽

I felt a buzz in my jean pocket and dug out my phone.

Dad: How's it going?

I smiled and replied.

Me: it's nice here! How are you and Mom?

Dad: we're doing fine, sport. Are you being taken care of?

Me: yeah! These people are really nice.

Dad: That's good. Well, if you ever need anything, don't feel afraid to reach out to your mom and I. We're always here for you.

Me: thanks dad, and I know :)

I stuck my phone in my pocket, and decided to go to my room. I closed the door and laid in my bed, plugging in some headphones.

I immediately went to my Nightcore playlist, playing "Wolves" by Selena Gomez. I was mumbling along with the lyrics until I had to hit "replay." I did so over and over, just because I was in the mood, until I heard a knock on the door.

I pulled out the buds and stood up to get it, but it was already opening. It was Nico.

"Hey, Jacie, look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start crying all of th-"

"Don't worry, Nico, it's okay! You're my brother, after all."

He stares at me, and for a second I think he thinks I'm crazy.

"Okay, um, th-thanks."

I nod, and he turns around and walks away, shutting the door behind him. I smile to myself, He's a weirdo.

I plugged in my music, but got bored. I looked at my open window. There were no curtains up yet, but I planned on putting some light purple ones up soon. The air came out with a swift breeze. It seemed nice out.

I made sure my phone was in my pocket tightly, and I hopped through the window.