◽🔵↪ Jacie ↩🔵◽

He was just looking so overcome with emotions.

Nico was bawling his eyes out, in a way I wasn't sure a boy like him would with me watching. I immediately ran to his side and gave him a hug. He gave no acknowledgement of me in return.

I rubbed his back and let him cry into his forearms, until he leaned into me and cried on my shoulder.

I didn't know exactly what happened, but I'm going to be his support system anyway, "Hey, it's okay. Don't think about it, Nico. It'll be all right."

I just kept crying and crying.

~~Time Skip~~

"So what happened?" I finally ask once he'd calmed down.

Nico shakes his head, "A lot, and nothing at all."

I wasn't 100% sure what he meant, but I nodded anyway.

Then it occurred to me that this happens with love all of the time--all of the time, people are torn apart, so easily, over nothing and over the world. This world.

Will Edgar and I end up like that? It's sad to say "maybe" instead of an absolute "no." But I don't lie.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I return my focus to my brother.

He shrugs, "I don't know."

I nod, "It's okay. We'll talk when you're sure you want to."

I pat his back again, and he nods, letting out a quiet "thank you." I hug him slightly in return.

"Jacie, do me a favor?" he pleads with his eyes.

"Of course, what is it?" I respond.

He gestures with his shoulder, "Go check on Leo."

You really love this boy, don't you? I stand up and head to his room, with a smile I can't quite explain.