🔸🔽↗ Leo ↙🔼🔸

I opened my eyes.

I'm in a cold room. I'm alone. There's a bed underneath me and a bucket across from me. There's a separate door on the opposite wall. The walls are grey and stone, along with the floor.

Where am I?

You're doomed.

Liar.

I'm not.

Yes, you are!

I'm not lying, Leo.

"Shut up, you are!"

I would never lie to you.

I growl in frustration.

I sit up, remembering what happened before I fell asleep. The cops were taking me somewhere, calling me craz-

Oh, my gods, am I in. . .

A psych ward? Yes. People hate people like us, Leo. I tried protecting you, but you didn't listen. You didn't run!

"SHUT UP! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" I shout.

"Hey, quiet down in there!" a man, I'm assuming a security guard, yelling from outside the door. I run up to it.

"Please!" I shout. "I'm not crazy! This is all a big mistake! I just need my medicine!"

"Yeah, right, kiddo. Now keep it down, you're disturbing your neighbors."

"Nico?!" I call out. "Nici, are you there?!"

"Hey, I said shut up!" the guard growls in a gruff voice.

I glare at the door, and walk to sit back on my bed.

You're such a fool, Leo.

Can you ever just keep quiet?

You're a worthless waste of space. Stay in here forever and rot.

No, I've got to get out of here.

No one cares.

I'm not crazy!

I'm perfectly fine!

You scum.

I can't stay in here forever!

I run up to the door and bang on it, "HEY!"

The man curses, "Boy, I said QUIET DOWN! Don't make me come in there and slip the freak out of you! STAY QUIET!"

I bang on the door again. It opens to reveal a very angry security guard, a guy with a brown beard and chubby face, and a pole hooked to his side. Be takes it, and pushes me to the floor with his other hand.

"I said," he spits on me, "quiet."

Now's your chance, go!

I try scurrying up and running past him, but his arm stops me midway and I fall back down.

He grips onto his pole, "I warned you."

I cried out in pain.