🔸🔽↗ Leo ↙🔼🔸

I couldn't stop the tears. Did he really believe that? Did that really just happen? Was all of that said? I don't understand, he doesn't understand--it's all just a confusing mess.

I wipe my cheeks and bite my bottom lip, looking at the floor of blankets I'm perched on. These are his blankets. I cry a little into my arms again, bringing my knees up to them. This is All just a freaking confusing mess. . .

I hear a knock on the door and a girl's voice, but I don't look up already knowing who it is and slightly shy due to my red eyes and cheeks.

"Leo?" she whispers, sitting down next to me like a bird.

"Yeah?" I reply as if nothing is wrong. Everything is wrong.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

I smirk at her, "This hot stuff is burning these tears, don't worry. I'm fine."

She smiles sadly at how I'm playing jokes at a time like this.

"You know, it's okay to not be okay." she assures.

I look away, biting my lower lip. Nothing is okay, and never was with me. Who am I trying to fool?

"Leo?" she asks again, rubbing my arm. "He loves you, you know."

I actually laugh at this, more tears streaming, "Yeah, right."

"He sent me in here to support you."

"Well isn't that dandy? What, he can't even come himself?! Okay."

"I think he doesn't think you deserve someone like him. Or that it isn't right after you guys got into an argument and he made you cry. That's just what I think he thinks though. . ."

I cry harder, and let my head fall into my arms. "Whatever."

Jacie says nothing else, but rubs my arm and pats my back. Why don't these tears ever stop?