◽🔵↪ Jacie ↩🔵◽

I didn't know why Nico was so serious about Stephanie. What happened between them?

At lunch, I grabbed my food and sat with Nico. He was with some other guy and a girl. They were introduced to me as Max and Sasha.

Max had cropped brown hair and pale skin. He wore black headphones around his neck and an old gray hoodie. He had a dark red shirt on with a pizza logo, and buff jeans.

Sasha had jet-black hair, and her eyebrows were thick but done at a salon. She's evidently Asian, and is wearing a yellow zip-up and fashionable pajama pants. She has high pink pumps on, and her nails are as sharp as ice.

Nico introduces me as Jacie, his non-binary sibling, and told the two my pronouns. "Also, if you hit on her," he leans in, "you won't see tomorrow."

I giggle at the intimidation he instilled in his friends.

"Anyways. . ." Sasha starts.

"How do you like school so far?" Max asks.

"It's cool! I met some nice people, and some I'm curious about." I glance I Nico, seeing rage flash in his orbs.

"Like who?" Sasha questions.

I reply carefully, "Stephanie Williams."

Sasha puts her hand to her mouth, attempting to kill her laugh. Max looks at Nico with lifted eyebrows, clearly expecting him to go off on me.

But he didn't. He calmly stood and walked away.

Way to go, Jacie. Way to go.