CHAPTER 9

"The beautiful thing about young love is the truth in our hearts that it will last forever."

~HIS

"Let's go." I said.
"Where are we going?" She asked.
"Let's watch the sunset." I simply said then smile.

I took her hand and pulled her. We are running towards the shore, my hand on her hand.

"Wait." She said then stopped.
"Why?" I asked.
"This is the greatest spot to watch the sunset." She said while looking at the horizon.

She's right, this is the spot. The way the sea meets the sky.

We sit on the ground, feeling the sand sticking on our skin, the red orange ray of the sun lightens her up, her skin looks sun kissed.

"Jihyo." I called her name. She quickly turned her head to look at me, then smiled.

I lean towards her and caress her left cheek. I know were still young. Who could have thought that I'll be able to tell that she is the love of my life at the age of 16.

"I don't want any of these to end." I calmly said with closed eyes and my forehead on hers.

"So, do I." She said as she held my hand.

"I love you. Jihyo." I said while slowly opening my eyes I saw her lips form a smile, a genuine one.

"I was afraid to say these words before. I thought everything might change between you and me. I always think of the future if I'll say these words. What if this will be like these? What if this will be like that? I was afraid. But..." She started.

"Sometimes, taking risk is worth living. Sometimes jumping on a cliff is worth trying, for we only live once and we must live our life to the fullest." She added.

"And today, I'm choosing to take risk. I love you Jungkook." She ended then hugged me. I hugged her back and feel the moment.

"All of these will never end. I promise. We'll walk together." I mentally told myself. I really don't want to end any of these. The sunset, the hug, these feelings we both feel.

"C'mon! Let's go. I'll show you something." She said, as soon as the sun set. She stood up first then offered me her hands. I took them then she pulled me to stand up.

We walk back to their house side by side with big smiles on our faces.

"Jungkook's parents and your friends just left. They told us to just tell you." Jihyo's mom said.

"Mom, I'll just show something to Jungkook." She said.

"Are you bringing him there?" Her dad asked.

"Yes." She answered with a smile. Her parents smiled at us. They're looking at us like we're a couple.

Wait. Can we consider ourselves as a couple? We said our I love you's to each other anyway.

"Let's go." She said.

"Are we going to walk?" I asked her.

"Yes" she answered with a smile. As soon as I saw the dark road I asked her "are you sure?"

"Is something bothering you?" She asked me.

"You know, I think it's better if we take a rest then take me there tomorrow." I simply said trying not to show her how scared I am in that dark road.

"I think that's a great idea." She agreed with me. Great! "For now, you go home, and I'll rest." She added.

"JK?" I quickly turned my head as soon as I heard my name.