41. This Was Not Supposed To Happen

We were caught by surprise. 

That was not one hundred percent true, but it was pretty close. We were prepared but caught off guard. Physically we were ready but not quite mentally ready. If anybody was less prepared in our group for the attack, it was me. It was during the middle of the night after I had spent the day with Momoko. I had met her father and joked around with both of them. She had seemed more relaxed with her father when I was around. The happiness the three of us gave off had obviously not reached the attackers. They still attacked the village. 

"Kakashi Sensei!" I yelled as I saw a fire began to start at one end of the village. "They usually just abducted people. Fire was not reported. They are not keeping up with the pattern." I was panicking. "We need to protect the villagers." 

Kakashi Sensei and I were walking around the village together for our watch. He turned to face me and grabbed my shoulders. "Mika, you need to calm down. We are going to protect all of the villagers. Follow me as I give you commands." I nodded my head as he jumped onto the roof of a building and began to jump from building to building. "I will put the fire out and you will get the villagers in there. Remember the plan we all talked about earlier. We should have Neji with us in our rotation. He is in charge of waking up the others and informing them on what to do, while we handle this task." 

I took in a deep breath as I nodded my head at his words. "Thank you Kakashi Sensei." 

"You seem a bit more fearful than usual." He pointed out and I weakly smiled. 

"It feels as though there is a lot more on the line with this mission than any other I have had before. I guess you could say that I am nervous." I explained but grinned. "However, I do have a special power on my side. That is right, nonexistent boobie power." My hands went to my chest and grabbed the air around it. "Such power," 

"Nice to see you are serious about this." Kakashi Sensei said and sweat dropped at me. He then began to perform a series of hand signs. "Water Jutsu!" Water sprayed through his mask and began to put out the house fire. 

How does his mask not get ruined or torn by that jutsu? I pondered in amazement. My attention went right back to the burning house as I ran around it to gather the people around it. "Go to your safety center!" I yelled as I pulled some kunai out. I could sense that the enemy was around. "I will protect all of you." 

The villagers began to run towards the safety center. Children were crying as their parents carried them. It was only a few houses of the village that had caught on fire, but the whole village was awoken from it. I saw the fear in their eyes. Despite the happy nature that I had seen the few previous days, I saw how terrified that they or somebody precious to them would be next. Fire burned in my eyes as I saw one of the enemies jumped from a building to swoop down into the crowd of people. 

"Not today." I said as I threw some kunai at them and body slammed into them. We landed on the roof of a long building. I grabbed one of the kunai that hit them, pulled it out, and stabbed them in the neck with it. "Onto the next one," swiftly, I moved towards the next enemy that had entered my vision. 

I am going to protect all of the villagers. I cannot let anybody down like I usually do. Now, I am proving myself. 

 One of the enemies swooped down and picked up a small child that was holding onto their father's hand. I clenched my fist as I pulled out a pair on kunai that were strung together by wire, which were prepared during the day for the future battle. Quickly, I jumped towards the enemy who held the child. I jumped onto their back and wrapped the wire around their neck in a swift movement. After a tough yank, I stabbed the enemy in the side of the neck. Just as I kicked the enemy down, I picked up the child and jumped towards the crowd.