46: Marcus Radford

Start from the beginning

"Thats kinda impossible." I said.

He looked at me confused.

Up until now I was avoiding eye contact, once I looked up at him a single tear rolled out of my right eye.

"She's gone." I said.

"I'm so sorry, Em." He said wrapping me up in a hug.

"How about you tell me some of the stories from A now?" He suggested.

I nodded.

"I've managed to get Emily and Taylor to apologize to me." I said.

"I didn't think I missed that much." He joked.

"They said its because after all they did to me, I still took care of them." I replied.

He nodded.

"How did you get shot?" He asked.

"Oh thats a longer story--" I said but was cut off when Marcus showed up.

"Hi, I didn't mean to interrupt anything. I just wanted to formally introduce myself." He said holding his hand out for Carl to shake.

Which Carl did, "Carl Grimes." He said as he did so.

Now I managed to maintain eye contact with Marcus.

I held my hand out for Marcus to shake.

"Whats wrong Emma? You're not gonna give me a hug?" He asked.

I looked at him confused for a second, meanwhile retrieving my hand.

"You're not Emma Frazier?" He asked.

I shook my head no. "I'm Emma Dixon." I said putting my hand back out for him to shake.

"Oh, then I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." He said shaking my hand. Meanwhile, giving me the creepiest smile. I could feel my skin crawl, I felt like I was going to throw up. All of this was just too much.

When he shook my hand I felt my whole body tense up.

'You're stronger. You're not scared. You don't get to be, not after everything that has happened. Mom would want you to stay strong. You don't get to be weak anymore.' I told myself.

I still managed to pretend like nothing was wrong.

Carl's P.O.V

Marcus already knows Emma... and he knows her as Emma Frazier. She gets uneasy every time he's around, I wonder if he's her mom's ex-boyfriend.

After Marcus left and got far enough, I began questioning Emma.

"Emma, how does he know you?" I asked.

She shook her head, I don't really know what she means by it.

"How does he know you?" I tried asking one more time.

"I don't know. He could've been a nurse or doctor at the hospital." She said.

"Then he'd know my dad... He would've connected our last names or something. Grimes isn't really a common last name. How does he know you Emma?" I pushed.

"I don't know, its a mystery to me." She said.

I know she's lying.

Emma's P.O.V

I can't let Marcus stay here. He hasn't changed. I can tell it, just by the way he looks at me.

I have to do something about it. I can't tell anyone though. I gotta kill him, theres no other way... I have to kill him. He would be the first person I've ever killed though, but I have to do it.