Chapter 66 - Back Home

Start from the beginning

"Quinnie...what's wrong?" my mom asked as I entered the house in tears. "You were right," I said emotionally as she rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "Shh...it's going to be okay...it's going to be okay," she comforted me as I sobbed on her. How could I have been so naive? I really thought what Puck and I had was real. I care so much about him and just hearing that he didn't have the same feelings for me, that hurt worse than anything else.

I decided to get ready to meet everyone at Breadstix that night. So things between Puck and I weren't going to work out. It didn't mean that my entire trip to Lima was going to be a waste. I wanted to talk to everyone and see how they were doing more than anything else.

I arrived at Breadstix. "I didn't know if you'd show up," Santana said honestly. "How much did you hear of what Puck and I were talking about?" I asked. "Enough to know that you're hurting over what happened," Santana shrugged. I sighed. "Don't worry we're in the same boat...Britt and I broke up," Santana confessed. "Wait what?" I asked shocked. "Yeah. I mean the long distance thing is hard on all relationships. I just decided to break it off. I care so much about Brittany that I didn't want to hurt her. Which is why I broke things off," Santana explained "Being away at college almost feels like a different world with new experiences. I had feelings in the past for other girls and I just didn't want Britt and I's relationship to end just because one of us cheated." I nodded understandingly "I was stupid enough to believe an open relationship was a good idea," I chuckled a bit. "With Puck? Come on Quinn. You and I both know an open relationship to him means 'I can sleep with every girl in LA and you can't be mad about it'," Santana smirked as I couldn't help but laugh. "You're right," I said. "Of course I am. I was the one who went out with Puck remember," Santana laughed. I nodded as we took our seats at the table.

"You're not still mad are you?" Puck asked me, sitting next to me. I shook my head. "Disappointed but not mad," I said coolly as the others soon arrived at the table. Everything soon faded back to normal as we all laughed telling stories about how our lives had changed. Puck had an arm around me which I didn't pay any mind to. As far as I was concerned things between us were really over. I knew in my heart of hearts I needed to move on.

"I'd like to propose a toast: To almost all of us keeping our promise to come home for Thanksgiving," Puck grinned "Cheers!" Santana grinned as she raised her glass "Cheers!" I smiled a bit. "Has anybody heard from Rachel or Kurt?" Santana asked. "No," Finn said shaking his head. "I know Blaine's been texting him, but Kurt won't text back," Mike shrugged. "Well, Rachel texted me. She said she's not really sure what she's doing for the holidays yet," I said honestly then I turned to Finn "I'm sorry about what went down with the two of you." "No, it's cool. It's for the best," Finn said shaking his head. "Well, I think that it's sweet that you and Rachel keep in touch, Quinn," Mercedes grinned. "She's been a good friend to me. She and Kurt actually came out to see the play I was in a few weeks ago," I smiled. "Wait you were in a play?" Santana asked. "Mhmm," I nodded. "Yeah she was one of the six murderesses in Chicago," Puck smirked. "I take it you went to see her Puckerman," Santana said. "You kidding? I had a lot of sweet gigs in LA that week I couldn't just give it all up to see a play," Puck shrugged as I narrowed my eyes at him. Finn seemed to sense the fight that was about to happen between us so he decided to speak up "Well, I, for one, would love to talk about everybody that is here. I have a favor to ask," he said biting his lip. "What do you need us to do?" Mercedes asked. "I was hoping you guys would be willing to coach some of the newbies in New Directions," Finn smiled. "Totally. I'd love to spend more time with my little bro," Puck said. "You can count me in too," I smiled a bit as Santana, Mercedes, and Mike all nodded. "Cool," Finn grinned. Come Monday we would be helping to coach the Glee Club for sectionals.

The bell rang Monday morning as we all stood in front of the New Directions in the Choir room. "All right, do you realize, standing before you are legends?" Finn asked as the Glee Club cheered for us. "Any single one of these guys could be. President of the United States one day," Finn grinned. "I don't know about that," Artie said. "And lucky for us, they've agreed to help us...." Finn began. "Hang with the new chumps and see if some of our sheer awesomeness doesn't rub off on you," Puck smirked "It will." "When you hear your name, pair up," Finn said as he looked down at the list. "Puck, you're with your brother. Mike, you're with Ryder. Marley, you're with Santana. Kitty, you're with Quinn," Finn read as a blonde cheerio rushed over to me hugging me tight. "I'm so excited," Kitty grinned. "Oh!" I giggled as she hugged me.