Chapter 55 - The Accident

Author's Note: Hey guys I redid the 'On My Way' episode I really hope you enjoy the changes I made to the episode. From this point on our major ship will be Quick. Sorry to anyone who liked Quinn and Joe but that ship was kind of random. Quinn and Joe will still be friendly but there will be no romantic relationship between them.

The next week would prove to be one of the hardest weeks of my life. I'm getting ahead of myself. It all started with Coach Sylvester calling me into her office the next morning. "You wanted to see me?" I smiled entering her office. "Q, have a seat," Coach Sylvester said as I took my seat "Prepare yourself. I'm about to drop a bomb on you." I looked at her wondering what she could possibly be talking about. "I, Sue Sylvester am with child," Coach Sylvester grinned. "Are you serious?" I asked as Coach Sylvester nodded "Wow. Um, that's amazing and confusing. Who's the father?" I asked. "Oh, I can't tell you that yet," Coach Sylvester said shaking her head "But here's the deal. In order for this zygote to stay firmly ensconced in my uterine wall, my doctor has put me on bovine hormones that are making me extremely nauseous. They've also given me a near-superhuman sense of smell. For instance, I can tell that within the last week, you either enjoyed a delicious curry or a hug from Principal Figgins." I chuckled a bit.

"Well, you know, morning sickness is a good sign. It means that the baby is developing properly," I smiled a bit. "Well, it's good for the baby, not so good for me," Coach Sylvester said. "Well, you know, there really is no cure for morning sickness. I mean, I ate saltines, drank herbal tea and sucked on lollipops. That helps," I suggested. "Lollipops?" Coach Sylvester asked confused "Yeah. Weird, but it works," I shrugged. "Well, thank you, Q, for that condescending tone and barely helpful advice," Coach Sylvester said.

"I wanted to ask you a favor, actually, Coach. I would love to rejoin the Cheerios," I grinned. "I beg your pardon?" Coach Sylvester said narrowing her eyes at me "It's my senior year, and I want to finish high school in a Cheerios uniform with a national championship. I mean, other than Glee, this was the rest of my high school experience," I said honestly. "Well, I'm sorry, Q, but that wouldn't be fair to the girls who've been practicing all year long, who didn't quit," Coach Sylvester said as I frowned a bit "And if you'll now please get the hell out of my office. I just caught a whiff of hot dog water wafting in from the cafeteria, and I think I'm going to blow some serious chunks." I nodded getting up. I knew I couldn't fight her on this but it was worth a shot to ask.

"So how did your meeting go with Coach Sylvester?" Rachel smiled asking me as we headed into the choir room. "It was a no-go," I sighed as Rachel put a supportive arm around me. "I'm sorry Quinn, I know how much Cheerios meant to you," Rachel told me seriously. "It's okay...now we just have to focus on Regionals," I smiled a bit as I took my seat. "I couldn't agree more Quinn, guys Regionals is this weekend and we need to finalize our setlist. Now let's hear suggestions, go," Mr. Schue said. "I was hoping the Troubletones could do that new Kelly Clarkson song, 'Stronger'," I suggested as Santana, Brittany, Sugar, Santana, and Tina all seemed to be in agreement with me. "Well you'll have to talk to Miss Corcoran about that Quinn," Mr. Schue said. "Is she back?" I asked. "I am," Shelby said as she entered the choir room as the Troubletones walked over to her excitedly. "I'm sorry I've been MIA for the last few rehearsals. Duty called. Beth's caretaker after school quit unexpectedly and I had to come straight home after school. Now that I found someone else to take over I feel good coming back," Shelby smiled. "Let's give it up for Miss Corcoran," Mr. Schue smiled as everyone seemed to cheer for Shelby. In some ways I was glad to have Shelby back but I knew things were going to be different in Glee rehearsals with her joining the club.

"Can all members of the Troubletones come with me," Shelby smiled as Santana, Brittany, Sugar, Mercedes, Tina, and I headed into Shelby's classroom to rehearse. "Okay so Quinn, you wanted to sing 'Stronger'?" Shelby asked. "Yeah I thought it would really highlight our voices," I smiled a bit. "We could give it a try," Shelby said as she began assigning the parts to Santana, Brittany, and Mercedes. "Excuse me...Miss Corcoran," I said as Shelby looked up. "Yes Quinn?" she asked. "I would maybe like a chance for a solo in this song," I said in a determined fashion. "Quinn, while you have a lovely voice I heard you perform at Sectionals. I just don't think it's quite strong enough for a song like this, okay?" Miss Corcoran said as I frowned, feeling completely defeated.