43: Everyones Got A Job To Do

ابدأ من البداية

Hershel order both Glenn and Sasha to drink some of the tea, it was clear they were worn out, it makes sense though, they were so sick. 

"Some council meeting, huh?" Hershel joked. 

"We're two members short." Sasha retorted, warn out. 

"I can just sub for Daryl." I joked along with them. 

"I think we should make some new rules before they get back. I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays, every Wednesday." Hershel said fighting off his smile. 

Sasha sorta glared at him. 

"First we have to find some spaghetti." Hershel continued. 

Everything was silent. 

"You okay to take over?" Hershel asked Sasha. 

She nodded. 

"Every five to six seconds squeeze. If you start feeling light headed, grab somebody else to take over. We'll take it in shifts." He said, he then turned all of his attention to Glenn, "You wanna help my rounds?" He asked. 

Glenn nodded in response to me. 

"Sasha, I'll stay close by, if you need me just holler. It never gets to loud in here anyways, Ill be able to hear you." I said. 

She nodded. 

Glenn's P.O.V

As we were leaving I began wondering. "How long will that keep Henry alive?" I asked. 

"Just as long as we're willing to do it. As long as it takes." Hershel responded. 

Then Hershel and I disappeared off to our other 'patients'.  

As we were walking through, it was easy to tell who was alive and who wasn't. Usually when people died, they had blood scattered all on their faces. We came across a man that has blood all over his face. 

It usually comes out of the eyes, nose, and mouth. It's a rather disturbing sight, but this is kinda what I signed up for. 

I've never actually had to deal with someone who has died to this thing. I took out my knife, ready to put it through his brain but Hershel stopped me. He said "Not here." 

So, I re-holstered my knife. Hershel went and grabbed a gurney off from somewhere that I didn't see. 

"Help me get him on this." Hershel said. 

"Okay, but in a couple hours when Henry's dead-" I said. 

"Glenn." Hershel interrupted. 

"How are we gonna get his body down the stairs, across the cell block, and through those doors without anyone noticing?" I asked. 

"If that happens ---IF--- you're gonna help me." He retorted. 

"What if I'm gone?" I asked, which honestly pained me. 

"Shut up and help me get him on this." He replied. 

So, we moved him from place to place and went to leave the room. 

Lizzie must've seen because she came out and asked, "What are you doing?" 

"We're taking Mr. Jacobson to a quieter place." Hershel said, then putting his hand up to Lizzies head he said, "Go get my copy of 'Tom Sawyer' from my room. I want you to read it by tonight. We all got jobs to do. That ones yours."

"I won't finish it." Lizzie replied. 

"Why?" Hershel asked. 

"Its gonna get too dark." She said.