43: Everyones Got A Job To Do

Start from the beginning

"Can I have both?" She said. 

I nodded, "I'll be back with them in just a moment." I said. 

So, I went and grabbed two glasses of tea and two extra blankets for Taylor.

I first went to Emily's cell and gave her the tea. 

Then I went to Taylor's cell and covered her with the extra blankets and gave her the tea. 

Rick's P.O.V

Carol and I have had a rather eventful day. 

While scavenging a house, we met two people who were too scared to even kill a walker. One of them had a shoulder that was popped out of place and the other one had a leg that was all messed up from getting trampled. It was a man and a woman. 

They wanted to come back with us, but my condition was, they had to meet us back here. They would help us scavenge. Neither of them made it back though. Looks like its only me going back to the prison this time. 

Carol and I loaded everything into the car and when she got up to go in the car, I had locked the door. 

"They might've lived. Karen and David, they might've lived, and now they're dead. That wasn't your decision to make. When Tyreese finds out... he'll kill you. He damn near killed me over nothing." I began. 

"I can handle Tyreese." She responded. 

"When the others find out, they won't want you there. And if they don't make it back, if everybody dies from this thing and its just the two of us with Judith and Carl, with my children... I won't have you there." I retorted. 

"Rick, its me. No one else has to know. I thought you were done making decisions for everyone." She replied. 

"I'm making this decision for me." I responded. 

"I coulda pretended that everything was gonna be fine. But I didn't. I did something. I stepped up. I had to do something." She claimed. 

"No, you didn't." I said. 

She had began crying, "If you think I'm going anywhere without Lizzie and Mika--" She said but I cut her off. 

"If you want them to leave, to go out there with you? Lizzie's sick. Mika is ten years old." I said. 

"Please, you can't." She said with a tear rolling down her cheek. 

"We'll keep them safe." I said. I continued, "You're not that women who was too scared to be alone. Not anymore. You're gonna start over, find others, people who don't know, and you're gonna survive out here. You will." I said. 

"Maybe." She shrugged. 

I began taking things out of my car to give to her and whatever car we find for her. 

Before she left, she gave me a watch that she got from Ed on their first anniversary. I guess she was returning the watch that I lost to those people earlier. 

Daryl's P.O.V

We're now back on the road for the prison. It's gonna take us about seven hours to get back. 

Emma's P.O.V

Hershel was putting a breathing thing in one of our 'patients' named Henry along with the help of Glenn, Sasha, and I. 

The man was practically drowning in his own blood and mucus, so we needed to get this thing to him. 

After we got tube down his throat and connected the bag to it, the man could breathe along with someone's help.