(1)

"I hate you"

The words still echoed in the head of a bluenette, who was crying her lavender eyes out. She sobbed as if the world had ended, which it had, for her.

"How can he s- say th- that?" She mumbled to herself. "I thought he loved me. W- We were a thing and h- he suddenly said that he hates me? What did I not do for our relationship?"

She was asking rhetorically, but she liked to imagine that her mom was there, comforting her. Her mother had passed away when she was a child, but she still had a few memories of her that she treasured.

This girl was Hinata Hyūga. She had money, looks and everything, but she was a nerd and apparently, her boyfriend had broke up with her saying he hated her and her nerdy ways; the very same reasons he had started dating with her.

She was curled up in her bedroom, leaning against the bed, crying whatever remained of her tears after crying buckets in the past few days.

It wasn't till she saw the calendar and the clock beside it, that she realised that it was for way too long that she had cried over a guy who didn't care for her tears.

"I have to move on, right, Mom?" She whispered and stood up, but nearly collasped due to no energy. "And eat, too, huh?"

She went to the kitchen and grabbed a sandwich and ate it before going out of the house to take in fresh air.

She walked to the park and bought an ice-cream. She sat on a bench and licked it. But with a lick, she was reminded of how they used to have fun times together.

Her lips quivered as she tried hard not to cry. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see a girl smiling at her.

She had pink hair and kind emerald eyes. She tilted her head and gave her a soft look.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around here anytime," she said with a smile. "I am Sakura Haruno, by the way. You are new in this city, aren't you?"

"Y- Yeah," Hinata was surprised to see a girl with pink hair. "Um, I am Hinata Hyūga. A- Are you from around here?"

"Yeah, I live around the corner," she said, sitting beside her. "You look like you were about to cry. What's wrong? I mean, if you don't mind telling me. No wait, how about we learn a bit more about each other before you say that?"

Hinata just nodded.

"Well, I go to Konoha High School," she said. "A-"

"Me too!" Hinata said. "The school year starts the day after tomorrow, doesn't it?"

"Yeah," said Sakura, surprised. "Well, I live with my roommates, who are my group of friends, and we are all 17 years old."

"I am 17, too," said Hinata. "W- We have a lot in common, don't we?"

"Yeah," Sakura smiled. "Hey, can you wait here? I will bring my friends here-"

"Ah, no," Hinata was scared to meet anyone else right then, so she immediately said no. Sakura shrugged. "And, I was looking sad because my boyfriend broke up with me."

Hinata thought she saw a flash of anger in the emerald green eyes. Sakura patted her shoulder.

"Hey, are we friends?" asked Sakura, her hair covering her eyes. Hinata nodded. "Here. Join our club."

She handed her a small business-like card. And disappeared down the corner before Hinata could say anything.

She looked at the card. In a curly yet nice font, the words 'The Heartbreakers' were typed in shaded pink and purple. Beneath it, the names, Sakura, Ino, Tenten and Temari were written in small, black font.

Behind it, was given the address of their school and 4 phone numbers with the initials S.H., I.Y., T.S. and T after one of them.

Beneath those numbers was one single number which they said was the common club number. On the top, was written a sentence.

We break hearts, not because we like it; But because they deserve it.

Hinata stared at the card and looked up to the corner where she had seen Sakura disappear. She sighed and went home.

She paced through her empty apartment, pondering whether or not she should call the number.

Finally deciding that she had to do it, not for her, but for her sanity's sake, she picked up the card.

She typed the number that was followed by the initials S.H. Her thumb lingered over the call button before she finally pressed it.

She put it near her ear and heard it ring 4 times before someone picked it up.

"Ah, sorry, Billboard Brow's busy. She will come in a second."

Wrong number, maybe?

-TBC-