~ Chapter 30 ~

Last chapter:
---------------------
"Who is it?" A loud booming voice echo from the other room.

"Father. It's me, Keigo, with my little sister, Ren."

"Come in." The voice replies.

And this was when she knew she couldn't back out anymore...

--------------------

She entered the forbidden room. It was just as she expected. A typical office. It was dark and bleary; perfect for the image of a dark man like him. From the corner of her eye, she could make out the silhouette of a tall man. She was too scared to look and all courage flew out of her. Her mind and body were both screaming for her to get out before she regrets it. Her eyes went ito a trance and her body got cold shivers. She couldn't move. She didn't own her body anymore.

She stood still without moving a limp causing Keigo to nudge her to greet the figure. She managed to snap back to reality and quickly gathered all her scattering courage and looked up.

"Hello, Atobe-san." She erased all emotions in her eyes and stared right back into the glaring eyes of her father.

"My daughter, Ren, there is no need to be formal." His face slightly lifted to reveal a slight smile. A fake smile used for business.

"Takes me back to the past where you said quite the opposite." Ren replied giving her own fake, angelic smile. She wasn't going to let him beat her. Not even a crack on her mask was going to appear. Or at least she hoped so.

"Now, now. That's all in the past, right? We need to look forward to the future now." His smile went back to being a straight line as his eyes bore holes into her.

"You're right, Atobe-san. If we have to look forward to the future now... why am I here?" She was mirroring all his actions. She was not going to be beaten; in fact she was planning to beat him at his own game.

"Is there something wrong with me wanting to see my daughter that I haven't seen for a long time?"

"Is that all? If so, I take my leave," Ren gave one last long lool at him before turning on her heels and leaving.

"Keigo, drive me home. You were the one who brought me here after all." She added casting a cold look to her brother which somehow made him follow.

Keigo gave one quick bow to his dad before dashing off to lecture his little sister.

"How could you act like that towards-" Ren cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"I know but calm down. It wouldn't demerit you in any way anyways." She gave him a weak smile before turning her back from him.

The longed for encounter. Something she feared. She overcomes it in a few seconds yet she spent years fearing it. She quietly snorts at how it stupid it sounded but she wasn't exactly complaining.

Everything happens for a good reason. Her wanting to prove that she wasn't what her family thought she could achieve helped her develop. They were the catalyst to letting her become a star. A star that they now sought after. To either capture and put on decoration or to manipulate to get what they want.

---------------------

Sorry this was short 😭 and that I hardly (seriously) update. I can lost a bunch of excuses but I won't ;;

I'm a sorry excuse for the author of this book since I've actually started to forget the plot of this. So I'm gonna need your help 💗 if you see any mistakes I can edit later on please leave a comment 🙈

Casual promotion but follow me on

instagram: @xxibjaeee