~ Chapter 4 ~

Italics/Underline = English

****edited****

Ryoma's POV:
--------------

I ran all the way from school to the temple. I was running out of breath but I didn't care.

Just as I reached it I quickly opened the door.

"My my, aren't you excited?" The old man said in a taunting voice.

"You mean you lied to me?" I ask.

"Well, I wanted to tell you that she came back home but from her expression, she seems to have seen you already so I made up a lie." He described.

"Yeah, and the lie was about her leaving? Tell me who wouldn't be startled; I mean come on she just alighted and she's already leaving?" I asked in a mocking manner.

"Well, at least that got you home faster. I'm amazed the old hag even let you out!" He said.

"You know as much as I want to watch the Father&Son comedy show I can't since I wanted to ask Oji-san for a game." Ren suddenly says.

Ren's POV:
------------

I want to have a match with Oji-san no matter what. I want to know if I've gotten weaker since the last months and the only way of finding out is to have a match with the Legendary Samurai.

"Ehhh, really? I thought you were here to visit Ryoma." He stated.

"Well, that's 3/4 of the reason." I blushed out of humiliation.

"Then why don't you have a match with Ryoma? If you beat him then I'll have a match with you tomorrow." He said.

I thought about what he said. I guess he's right. You've got to beat the minions before reaching the boss.

"Deal!"

~ 10 minutes later ~

"I'll be the referee for this game!" Oji-san says enthusiastically.

I spun my racket on the ground.

"Smooth." Ryo-san speaks.

The racket finally slowed down and it landed on the rough side.

"Super Lucky~" I shout.

~ 12 minutes later ~

The score was currently 1-0 with me in the lead.

I looked at Ryo-san and saw that his racket was in his right hand. His trademark move was coming now. The Twist Serve. It came closer and closer and I just dodged it by a centimeter.

"15-love!"

I saw his confident smirk. I swear to god he has more tricks up his sleeve. After all, it's been months since I've last seen him. He had a lot of chances to practice new moves.

Another Twist was coming.

"30-love!"

I closely observed his movements.

"40-love!"

An extra speedy serve went past me while I was busily thinking.

"You really should stop thinking while we're playing. It's a bad habit." Ryo-san smirks as he hit another twist.

"And you really should stop trying to piss your opponents off." I backfired smirking back as I confidently hit it back.

~ After the Game ~

We ended up in a tie since Oji-san quickly put a stop to it.

"Okay, Ren. I'll have a game with you tomorrow but I think you guys should sleep now since you've got to go to school in the morning.

************

Fuji: Sorry the author can't be here since she's sleeping.

Eiji: We can do whatever we want *Bounces around*

Inui: I gathered some good data.

Momo: Dunn. I just left a mark on the floor look. *Waves his arms frantically*

Kaidoh: Stupid Momo

Momo: Mamoushi~ Viper~ Snake~

Maii: SHUT UP! AND LET THE READERS READ ON WITHOUT YOU GUYS DISTURBING THEM! *Cough cough* Sorry for interrupting you. Please continue on.